ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Made my 1st order with you guys this morning, forgot to ask something!!

Discussion in 'WesSpur Tree Equipment, Inc.' started by eye.heart.trees, Nov 6, 2019.

1. eye.heart.trees

eye.heart.trees arborjunky

What is the etiquette for contacting Nice Guy Dave regarding 'nitty gritty' rope questions? I don't want to catch him as he's trying to leave for lunch or something lol, because my Q's aren't things that are simply answered (well, I'm *hoping* they are for him!), I've been making threads on arbor forums and even a physics forum regarding dynamic loading in the context of ropes, I expect it could be a 5 or 10min call (if he's kind enough to entertain my Q's, I know it's not some guarantee, it's just that the guy on the Climbing Arborist podcast I listen to seems to be saying that Dave's there happily doing this very thing so I'd love to speak to him, learned much from his videos on youtube when I was just starting!)

Regarding the order---- I'm a touch uneasy that UPS-tracking still says it's not received, but I know those systems are notoriously unreliable when it comes to updating-speed, but still I made the order this AM and was told it'd make today's mail, so if I'm being honest my 1st thing upon waking tomorrow will be eagerly rushing to the tracking-page tab I've got open to ensure my amazing order is en route (not only am I eager for the products in-general, but actually have a gig that I'm only able to do if I have a better bull-line so it'd be a major buzz-kill if there were any unnecessary delays, though with how great the service was on the phone my intuition is that it was shipped today & that UPS simply hasn't updated yet!)

On the note of the service from today, the lady that helped me was incredible, I was purchasing a few of the <100' clearance pieces of Polydyne and I had to call in a couple times verifying things and she was just awesome, I'll refrain from naming her as I doubt all the employees are OK having their names online lol but it begins with a D and she was just tops, I will update this thread when I receive my order and will include an un-boxing album (I know, I'm a dork :p ), so long as there's no 180deg surprises I think you guys will be my go-to retailer for the rest of the remainder of my career (excepting rare exclusives like the Safebloc, I need another one and seems ebay & sherrill are my only outlets for that) but, provided my order arrives as-expected, I'll see zero reason to bother 'trying out' other retailers and will be a Wesspur-loyalist :)

Thanks again for all you guys do, the clearance rope section was great for me I was able to get a 90', 1/2" polydyne and then a couple smaller but thicker polydyne lines, for my needs at the moment it will be a good setup, once I'm able to test the diameters through the Safebloc (got 1/2", 5/8" and 3/4" polydyne lines in my order) then I'll know which diameter is best and will be getting a 200' section from you guys of that poly, was initially intending to just get 150' of 9/16" or 5/8" but now I get to test the diameters, get to have the 90' 1/2" for immediate usage (literally letting me get my biggest job yet next week as it's blocking-down a bunch of Oaks at a client of mine's, I couldn't do large enough sections of it safely with my current line but with the Poly I can!) and after that gig - which'll probably take a week as it's going to be me and 1 other person doing nearly 10 Oaks - I'll be able to grab 200' of whatever was most-practtical in the Safebloc and, well, some other goodies as my wish-list has grown larger than it should be ;D

Again, thank you sincerely for the service today, am eager to receive the order so I can officially be a wesspur-loyalist :D