Mag Rot - How Far Is Too Far?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good deal.

FWIW (you may know this already but) vinegar also works to get epoxy off your hands and tools, just be sure, after using vinegar, to wash everything off your skin right away, because the vinegar makes the amines come out of the epoxy, and the amines are what cause skin sensitization to epoxy (sensitization = almost like an allergic reaction you can develop, and it will plague you whenever you work with epoxy thereafter)...

I usually use, in this order -- vinegar, then Gojo hand cleaner, then Dawn dish detergent with maybe some ammonia to counteract the vinegar...I go through epoxy by the gallon, though...

Gojo also works alone to prevent epoxy from hardening (like vinegar)...the West System guys will throw their tools into a bucket of water with Gojo in it, slosh it around and hose the tools off with fresh water. I guess the Gojo emulsifies the epoxy resin-hardener mixture and allows it to be rinsed off...

For the guys hanging in there, here is the case with 3 top coats. Sorry about the lighting it’s midnight here!

As for fuel resistance, you won’t have any issues. My tests show that even once submerged in fuel for 3-4 days straight, although the surface will soften, once dried in the sun for an hour will retain full original hardness without any loss of gloss, no change of colour or surface appearance.

note the front AV mount repair, you’d never know :) zoom in to see clearly.

8CE97546-5890-47E5-BD19-BAC21136C767.jpeg

If it works it works, but it’s crazy how rotted the bar side of the saw is. Must have been cutting a corrosive type tree without bothering to wash the saw down.

It almost counts for your first porting job too LOL
Haha :) all set up for it - all the gear and no idea. I’m interested to learn porting, but I need to be able to reliably tune first :happy::laugh:.

In fact this won’t be a bad saw to learn on actually! It can sit on the shelf until I’m ready to do so :)

Haha :) all set up for it - all the gear and no idea. I’m interested to learn porting, but I need to be able to reliably tune first :happy::laugh:.

In fact this won’t be a bad saw to learn on actually! It can sit on the shelf until I’m ready to do so :)

Port finishing is important, lets see the pics.
Was going to do a wood run, but its blowing a gale here, not playing under eucs in windy conditions.

Latest posts

Back