magnesium does not like water

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh, it's only a Stihl.

Curious why you never miss an opportunity to down Stihls.
Did somebody who used a Stihl leave you standing at the altar? Are Huskies (or whatever saw you use) not made of magnesium?
Reminds me of my brother who never misses a chance to down the NE Patriots. We could be talking about turnip greens and somehow it comes back to "BRADY CHEATS!!!"
With another brother, it always comes back to how awful and icky Trump is.
It gets tiresome fast.

Curious why you never miss an opportunity to down Stihls.
Did somebody who used a Stihl leave you standing at the altar? Are Huskies (or whatever saw you use) not made of magnesium?
Reminds me of my brother who never misses a chance to down the NE Patriots. We could be talking about turnip greens and somehow it comes back to "BRADY CHEATS!!!"
With another brother, it always comes back to how awful and icky Trump is.
It gets tiresome fast.
Holster your tits there CA. I fix and run them all. You Stihl guys are just wound the tightest, and the easiest to **** with.

Attachments

• 20190505_123927.jpg
    20190505_123927.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
Meh, it's only a Stihl.

Maybe it is just me and my sick sense of humour?
I own and run more Stihls than Husqvarna's, 100% of my work saws are Stihl- but I still had a laugh at the above comment, guess I am just one of those guys that sees the merit in a good saw and not anally brand blind?

Maybe it is just me and my sick sense of humour?
I own and run more Stihls than Husqvarna's, 100% of my work saws are Stihl- but I still had a laugh at the above comment, guess I am just one of those guys that sees the merit in a good saw and not anally brand blind?
The OP gets me too. If you guys think I'm a prick, you should see Mike get going:yes:

Wow- never seen damage like that inside a crankcase that can be attributed to water- by the looks it sets up where the crank lobes are sitting within the case?
Was the exterior of the saw well coated in oily gunge?
I would have thought the like of the serial number tag area would be well oxidised as well.

I did once fish the remains of a Stihl case out of a river- that was interesting- interior of the oil tank was still pretty good, plastic bits were pretty good- case exterior was almost powdery.

Aluminum and magnesium do weird things sometimes. I just found a long-lost aluminum garlic crusher that fell down in the back of the cabinet under the kitchen sink where it got wet once in a while (apparently) and almost the whole thing just ... disintegrated. Turned intto this gritty powder. Doesn't crush garlic so much anymore.

The OP gets me too. If you guys think I'm a prick, you should see Mike get going:yes:

I guess I have never seen Mike get going.

I did have Dinner with him at Red's Old 395 BBQ in Carson City, while I was working for 3 weeks in Reno, Seemed a Damn Good Person to me. what the Hell Mike, you just showing me your Good side???

I was supposed to be back in Reno, in May, well the China Virus, and other things fouled that trip up.

Hey Mike, speaking of BBQ, if you ever get down to Austin, Texas give Franklin's a try, Unbelievable, and Worth the wait

Doug :cheers:

Back