Maine GTG In Early Fall

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moss Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
After the success of Groundie's GTG last summer, I thought we might want to plan for one this year in early fall? Maybe in late September or early October. The Fryburg Fair is from October 3rd to the 10th and I'll be there, so that week is out for me. Other than that I am open to ideas. Last fall we moved to my dad's farm of 170 acres so it'd be nice to have it here where there's plenty of space. My firewood processor is set up here and I know a few of you expressed interest in seeing that run last fall. I have a pulp loaded here as well to move logs around, so we could have some events quite easily. There are some spots to camp here, no hook ups or anything, but some nice places to pitch a tent or camper.

Just offering this up now to have some time for people to plan it out.

Not stepping on you toes Groundie! I hope! :msp_rolleyes:

Last edited:
Just say when I'll be there. And the fryburg fair too! I haven't gone in a few years. Do they still have timber sports? If so do they have work saw classes or just hotsaws? I also am gonna hold a GTG down here In southern New Hampshire. Mostly likely end of July. And hopefully one in October although the second may be held in ossipee NH. Lets get some new England this happening!

thats awsome been seeing all the other parts of the us haveing them and nothing in maine sounds great

Waiting for cantdog, groundie, mike and PB to chime in........

Good to here some of you other folks are thinking about it!

I'm hoping to have some horseshoes set up and maybe a firepit if some people can stay into late afternoon or evening.

Last edited:
Where or what town in Maine? I love Maine. Done alot of sledding up north, jackman, rangley,moxie..... I've been all over. I'm in for sure!

Sweet, I did a big job in auburn a few years ago. Right downtown. A big brick building. I laid bricks there all winter. I wanna say it was the library or something. I can't remember now. It was the whole side of the building though. Not to far from a Chinese joint. But I know the area. I can remember a ton of smelt shacks on the ice around there too.

Sweet, I did a big job in auburn a few years ago. Right downtown. A big brick building. I laid bricks there all winter. I wanna say it was the library or something. I can't remember now. It was the whole side of the building though. Not to far from a Chinese joint. But I know the area. I can remember a ton of smelt shacks on the ice around there too.

Probably the Auburn public library, they totally revamped it several years ago. Or the Lewsiton public library, they did that one too.

It was the auburn public library, if your facing it we rebuilt the entire right side. But anyways. Do you know much about the fryburg fair? I haven't been in awhile but as I remember they had timber comps there. I think they had hotsaws but not sure about work saws.

Seems I might be in the neighborhood during the week prior to Fryeburg Fair week(10 days or whatever it is nowadays).... I'll be watching this topic. Might get to go.....

I'll bring the 'oldman' too(he's in Lebanon, ME).

Scott B

It was the auburn public library, if your facing it we rebuilt the entire right side. But anyways. Do you know much about the fryburg fair? I haven't been in awhile but as I remember they had timber comps there. I think they had hotsaws but not sure about work saws.

I'm not sure if it is still part of the Stihl Timbersports series, but they still have a full blown Woodsman's day just like they always have. It's a hard thing to get a spot to watch it from though, the bleachers there are the most uncomfortable thing I have ever witnessed and standing in front of the grandstand is a hard way to see it if you can see over everyone's heads that are in front of you. I've given up on it, it's a great event, but not worth the hassle. They video tape it and you can buy it that way, not sure how much though.

Definitely interested, have to see what the season brings but that time of year would be great!

I would think by mid to late August we should be able to start tossing dates around to see what works best for the most people to make it. We can narrow it down prior to that, but peoples plans change to often to really nail a date this early.

Like I said, there are a few places where people can pitch a tent or a small to mid sized camper, but no hook-up for water or power. I should secure a rent-a-crapper for the weekend, they aren't that expensive for a couple days.

I have the firewood processor just about set up and ready to roll, it'll be nice to have that fully operational for the event.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back