Maine GTG In Early Fall

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it might be in the vicinity of Acadia :cool2:

I brought a couple of extra screnches, but had no idea who was who or needed what, you shoulda hit me up! I didn't end up making any name connections until after the GTG and seeing the pics posted with names :bang:

Don't feel too bad. I couldn't remember any names either.

I can't wait for next year. :hmm3grin2orange:

You need to go a little bit farther east, but stop before you get to Canadia. ;)

I've been down in Milbridge and that area over to Schoodic Point, but no further east than Milbridge on the coast. Beach? What's a beach?? :msp_thumbup:

I shoulda asked ........ I just assumed you didn't bring them. I was one of the guys that wanted a shorty scrench. Sorry.

Ya I noticed that after the fact when I was trolling the pictures and whatnot. I remembered somebody asked about them before the GTG so I threw a handful into the saw box.

Don't feel too bad. I couldn't remember any names either.

I can't wait for next year. :hmm3grin2orange:

Ya when I saw you I thought "Hey there's somesawguy!" :jester: No recollection of your name. :confused: But hey, that's the norm for me. Tell me now and I'll forget by tomorrow. I shoulda taken more ginko pills.

Just a couple more...then I rest my case...

OBTW The pics with the skiff and saw is taken at what I would call "the beach"!!!

WOW!!! My kind of place! Home of Linda Greenlaw! Best swordfisherman in the world when she was fishing. That could of been her in that lobster boat. Grandmother is buried there. Family used to occupy lighthouse. Quite a story in " The Hungry Ocean." Sister boat to her's was lost in The Perfect Storm, early 90's.

Was On a trip in '78 off Georges about this time of year when we got into what turned out to be a hurricane, 100 mi. winds and 50 ft. confused seas. Had resinded myself to dieing and then relaxed. Laid the boat on it's side 4 times but had 118 fish on board all iced and some big ones which saved us cuz of the ballast. Gives me goose bumps just writing about it. No matter what happens today sometimes tell myself " at least you not going to drown." Thanks Cantdog!!

Last edited:
That is where I come from originally. Linda and I are cousins..a couple different ways actually!! The "Uncle Charlie" she speaks of in a couple of her books is my older (82yrs) brother. Her Great grandmother who lived in the Keepers house on Robinson Point was my grandmothers sister (farthers side) The pic showing the skiff and a larger boat and looking across the harbor was taken from the family land that those sisters were born and grew up on. Hamiltons have occupied that harbor for nearly 200 yrs...I am merely the current steward for my time....

I would have to venture that they definately would!!! You just can't tease us about the size of our trees!! LOL!!!

Okay, if I make it out there I promise not to start every other sentence with "Well, us PNW loggers do it this way...". Besides, you guys will have me out numbered. :msp_biggrin:

A memento from our trip to the Maine GTG.

DSC_0008-1.jpg

Okay, if I make it out there I promise not to start every other sentence with "Well, us PNW loggers do it this way...". Besides, you guys will have me out numbered. :msp_biggrin:

Most of my big saws came from somewhere out there anyway.

I went to the PNW GTG in the spring, and I have never been shown such hospitality!!! I'm sure we will return the favor.

Back