026 carb ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been looking at fixing an early 026 I got as part of a deal with a 056M.

Main issue is scored P/C, I have NOS OEM 44mm Stihl P/C, gasket/seal set ordered.............need to vac/pres test. Have rubber/hose/filter spares for my other 026

? is the saw has the carb without Hi screw. I know the WT-194 is the answer, but I have a 024S parts saw that has Hi/Lo I think a WT-110.

How are these compared to WT-194? Saw is kind of dirty and I've not pulled the old carb to see venturi size and/or jets.

Been looking at fixing an early 026 I got as part of a deal with a 056M.

Main issue is scored P/C, I have NOS OEM 44mm Stihl P/C, gasket/seal set ordered.............need to vac/pres test. Have rubber/hose/filter spares for my other 026

? is the saw has the carb without Hi screw. I know the WT-194 is the answer, but I have a 024S parts saw that has Hi/Lo I think a WT-110.

How are these compared to WT-194? Saw is kind of dirty and I've not pulled the old carb to see venturi size and/or jets.
The WT-194 is probably your best choice. If it was a newer version I would convert to the bigger air filter but your tank probably has the tall tank vent assembly and the bigger filter won't fit.

The WT-194 is probably your best choice. If it was a newer version I would convert to the bigger air filter but your tank probably has the tall tank vent assembly and the bigger filter won't fit.
Yes older style tank. I need to pull the carb on the 024S parts saw to get a number to see what that carb is. Both saws are at my other place right now.

I came across a good reference at another website forum for WT carbs

Attachments

• Walbro WT Carburetor IPLs .pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
on my 026 pro, put the stock compensator on a new wt194. it came stock with a wt403 w/no H screw. the 024 IPL on my computer lists the WT110 and the WT426 intellicarb.

on my 026 pro, put the stock compensator on a new wt194. it came stock with a wt403 w/no H screw. the 024 IPL on my computer lists the WT110 and the WT426 intellicarb.
I found they also used WT-22 on the 024. That has smaller venturi 12.7 mm than WT-194 13.5mm. I have not found the info for the WT-110 or WT-426. The 403 also has the larger venturi, but as you said no Hi screw

Yea, there was some bit about switching covers to match the air filter, other than that, a direct swap, and the saw runs much nicer with things adjusted correctly.
The desired "260 screamer". these things like to wind up pretty good.

Back