Making a Couple of dollars on a video"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WOLF_RIVER_MIKE

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
It seems to me that I'm talking to Gypo. You seem to have the tools and the contacts and the ability to make a video on "Now You're Loggin" Documentry the proper way to fell a tree under different lays. And stuff? Limbing and bucking. Maybe skidding and getting logs to the mill? I know I would buy a video.

ie. i would like to use your footage too to get me a higher price for when i sell saws on the ebaay....:)

now thats a good idea . a salty pro out showing step by step the various aspects of saw maintenance and use,felling methods and safety ,bucking, and the various aspects of topping out etc.
if it was the right person ,id even buy it myself.id expect to pay more than a couple dollars tho. later now.

I would gladly buy several copies of this video, but only if also includes a demonstration of Lamberts famous "over your head swinging saw starting method", John have you found a difference in whether clockwise or counter-clockwise is more effective in getting a stubborn saw to start? Seriously though, I WOULD buy a video like this.

Last edited:
Mike, that`s a great idea, the only thing is that a guy could be open to a fair amount of liability. Gypo would have to consult a lawyer first, probably just put a weasel word disclaimer in the beggining. Gypo`s video would have to be better than Koenig`s sharpening video, and that sold pretty well from what I`ve heard. I think John has the right showmanship and skill for this type video. I`d buy one just to have since I already know everything LOL. Russ

I recently used the over the shoulder starting method (counter clockwise) on a particularily tough starting saw and entered an up-cut almost instantly. It sure seems to save time. With practice I may work on this method to use on the Rotax, when I grow up.

Sure, He could say something like, I'm a pro don't try this at home...right before he strapped himself to a falling tree, holding onto his video camera. lol:D

Hi There, I think thats a good idea to make a video of "Now Your Logging", displaying creative chainsaw use and hurling trees to the ground etc. Please suppy more subject matter.
The "over the head compression test", doubles real nice as a hedge trimmer for those hard to get at places. In my neck of the woods we call it the "Windmill Shuffle". If you do this shuffle with a saw in each hand you can do some nice hedge carving as well.
I hope also to do a "Ladies from Hell", video, while dumping large stems wearing only a Scotish kilt and sandles with knee high black socks. Hagis Mcbagpipe should love that one as he tends his sheep.
John

Gypo, would that be sawdust on your shoetops..........

.........or dandruff

I want to see the video of him with the 088W and his buddy holding him on the sheer ice while all those people were watching

How come you have'nt made the Gypo home logging video yet John ??It sounds like it's a good idea to me..

Later Rob.

Hi Rob, I'm still working on the video. Russ is right about needing a lawyer, so I contacted Mr. Peter McWilliams Q.C., my good friend and lawyer/miner., along with another cohort, Albert Cozy, trapper/ vagabond of Thunderbay Ontario. Peter recently published a book called, " The Rambling Tales of a Country Lawyer."

John let us all know when it is done..I'm sure it will be very interesting to watch on a friday night.So how much have you gotten done so far on it?

Later Rob.

It`s ironic that I have been wondering about this video lately and then here is the post. I think you`re way overdue Gypo but then again while waiting you have become the best d@mned square filer in all of Erin so you could add that instruction as well. What seems so simple and intuitive to many of us regarding chain sharpening is like a lost art to many people. I have the opportunity to do some filing in very public places and I never cease to be amazed at the lack of knowledge or understanding of chain sharpening displayed by the average person, many of whom are holding chainsaws as we speak. In all seriousness John, with Doug to help you out, this could be a very professional venture adding a few bucks to your bankroll and adding legions of fans to the legend of Yukon John, or Gypo Logger, whatever you choose. Or on the otherhand you could do it all in the buff and that way you could always sell them in the alternative lifestyles erotic movie market. Just make sure that Rotax knows he is being videotaped and you have his buy in before you involve him. :D E-mail me your mailing address since I don`t seem to have it John and I will give you a copy of the Koenig video so that you can see how poorly it is made. They are big sellers on eBay when they come up. Russ

Back