Making a mess!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But it's amazing what you can do with it aint it? It doesn't matter what saw you have, you could always have use for a bigger one sometimes ;)
I wonder what a nice used 70cc are about these days...

But it's amazing what you can do with it aint it? It doesn't matter what saw you have, you could always have use for a bigger one sometimes ;)
I wonder what a nice used 70cc are about these days...
Sure is! Especially since following advice from this site. I port matched the jug to muffler and intake boot, got the squish to .017", new rings, new bar and full chisel chain, all new rubber bits and muffler modded it. Tuned the carb and dang does it run now! Thanks for all the info to everyone!

Lee

Sure is! Especially since following advice from this site. I port matched the jug to muffler and intake boot, got the squish to .017", new rings, new bar and full chisel chain, all new rubber bits and muffler modded it. Tuned the carb and dang does it run now! Thanks for all the info to everyone!

Lee

Plenty power for the 16" bar, even up to 20" - though I'd prefer a powerful saw with a 16" that can be buried in the wood rather than a lazy 20".
I use a 36cc and a 26cc at the field because it's all I need for the wood around my area - and it's lightweight and maneuverable. At the saw horse I use a 50cc, when milling I use a 70 or 80cc.
RIMG0082.JPGRIMG0053.JPG

Plenty power for the 16" bar, even up to 20" - though I'd prefer a powerful saw with a 16" that can be buried in the wood rather than a lazy 20".
I use a 36cc and a 26cc at the field because it's all I need for the wood around my area - and it's lightweight and maneuverable. At the saw horse I use a 50cc, when milling I use a 70 or 80cc.
View attachment 814458View attachment 814459
Nice setup! I had a 20" bar on it. The 16 is much better. It almost pulls itself through now. Don't have to play around with the pressure on the handle as much as I used to. I'm almost done with that old willow tree. Got a few more pieces to noodle then a post on CL for the local outdoor wood boiler guys. Free firewood!20200404_140405.jpg

Back