"Making" sights for saws that don't have them?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some saws deliberately have the side handle at 90 degrees to the bar.
Yeah one of Husqvarna's videos was showing how their handle's curvature made it so your hand was horizontal/level while the saw was at 90deg, thought that was neat although I suspect that with a little practice you can "get the right grip" on most-any saw that's got a big arcing handle like that (heck my project-saw, a 1977 top-handled 33cc poulan 25d, has a top-grip like that ;D )

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for all the comments guys I had thought about just drawing one on but wasn't sure if it was that simple, glad to hear this BUT there's one thing I've noticed that's got me questioning where to set my square for drawing the line - I should be using THE BAR to set my square, not the powerhead itself, correct? I'm quite sure the answer is Yes and bring it up just as much to verify that as to ask *why* some of my saws have their bars coming inward/leftward from teh powerhead? It's the slightest angle, thought it was a bent bar at first til I noticed another unit had it :p

I haven’t tried this, but I bet an eartag marker pen would do a beautiful job.

Works really well on plastic, not so flash on Magnesium. Pays to give it at least 3 coats of ink and let it dry well before use (on cows anyway! :omg:), far and away will outlast any permanent marker temporary paint job then.

we had a customer looking for a new husqy 365,he had an old one got the new one off the stand for him he looked over it checked it and said there was no felling black line like his old one showed him it was there but in same colour as cover he was having second thoughts until i got a sharpie and outlined the mark,it sealed the deal.happy days

I knew what the lines were for but never used them. I just kept on felling. Knotch, fell, move to the next tree. In the forest I didn’t worry about where they fell but i did learn how to steer them.
I try to drop as many as I can parallel to each other. Easier to move the truck once them buckem. I think my old 240sg had white lines.

Latest posts

Back