• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Makita DCS 9010 New, Old Stock--Make Me an Offer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlfA01

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Everyone,

I can't believe I'm writing this post, but here goes...

For Sale is this beautiful DCS9010. It has sat in a tool store near to me for quite a few years and was only fired up and ran occasionally in the shop. It's never seen wood.

I'm selling it like a used machine, because it doesn't come with warranty or as a new saw direct from Makita. So, since its being sold as used, I decided it best if I presented as such provided pics of everything. See the pics--they speak for themselves--inside and out.

Has factory Mahle piston and cylinder and Tillotson carb.

Here's my deal: I love this saw and want to keep it. My wife says, "don't get attached". So, somebody please buy this thing so I don't have to make up lies to tell her.

IMG_20180418_213033.jpg IMG_20180418_160019.jpg IMG_20180418_155932.jpg IMG_20180418_160003.jpg IMG_20180418_160039.jpg IMG_20180418_160051.jpg IMG_20180418_160101.jpg IMG_20180418_160111.jpg IMG_20180418_160139.jpg IMG_20180418_160221.jpg

Or looking for any trades so I can ship another saw to Greece?

At this point the only saw worth being hit with a frying pan, is a Dolly 166. Other than that, I'm still trying to explain why I needed the other three saws I bought this year already+the pole saw.

Loving that 5105, thanks buddy!

Dang nice saw and on my want list but for from new old stock...

It's a good one...don't let it get away! I'll post up video of it running today.

Got a price in mind?

Well, that's the other problem. I'm not sure what it's worth. I want to sell it at a fair price that me and the new owner will be happy with.

Why did you take the saw apart and why no decal on recoil ?

In the OP I explain that the saw has been sitting for quite a few years and in a unknown status. Same with the sticker. The saw had been at that tool store longer than some of the employees, so no one had any answers for me. The only question they answered in my favor was, "will you take $XXXX money for it?"

I want to know what I'm selling to folks so that I can stand by my word and give the buyer the most confidence he can have in buying a saw from half way around the world. Best way to do that is to show it in pics and video. Many people I've talked to, or read posts from, are afraid of rebuild saws that may include Chinese parts, etc.

I take all my saws apart, except the new ones that have warranty. I measure squish, may or may not do a base gasket delete and port cleanup, and seal the cylinder base with Yamabond, which I didn't do on this saw, as many people want to build these saws as they like.

BTW: the squish on this saw is over .5mm without a base gasket. The base gasket measures .5mm.

I'll say this: a new Dolmar version of the saw is selling for $1200 + shipping. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Makita-DCS9010-74-90cc-Chainsaw/dp/B00517HLX6
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Makita-ZMA...195090?hash=item3f8dfe5552:g:LQ0AAOSwK~RaIp2C

Trouble with the guys above is that they don't want to ship worldwide.

A good used one is selling for around $725 and up depending on condition, which is well below my bottom line.

I'll split it in the middle and offer it for $900 + actual shipping OBO. If it don't get a solid offer by May 1st, I'll put it on eBay with a Reserve of what I got in to it.

Thanks for the info. I think for that price I’m going to hold off for a really nice stihl

I can get a brand new one shipped from overseas for 850.00

You are a better man than me. And, must have better connections. Got any links to those saws for sale?

ajschainsaws sells them around $725 for a used one and another $80 for shipping.

Thanks for the info. I think for that price I’m going to hold off for a really nice stihl

Like I said OBO. If you got money and are ready to buy, I'll listen. If you are just "kickin the tires", this ain't the saw for you.

Thanks for the offer. Just bought a brand new ms461 from a member. $825 shipped

That's a great saw, enjoy it! Not comparable to the 9010, though. The 9010 and MS 660 are the closest in the Stihl versus Dolmar arena. Your new saw would be more closely compared with the Dolmar 7910, which can be found at a similar price to what you have paid.

Cheers, :cheers:
Dan

Back