• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Makita DCS6421 (X2) price reduced

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Up for sale is a very good condition 6421. This is a Home Depot saw I've had for a while. I planned to put a 7900 top end on it, but like a lot of my projects, I never got around to it. Tired of seeing it sitting on the shelf. Has a brand new bar and chain. Also looks like Home Depot put a brand new air filter on it. I bought 2 of these saws at the same time, might list the other one in the next few days. Runs, idles, and oils like it should. Overall pretty clean shape. I pulled all the covers off it and gave it a bit of a clean up and looked everything over. All looks great. I greased the clutch bearing and cleaned out the clutch drum. My compression tester is broken but piston looks clean and it starts easily. Looking to get $385 shipped to the lower 48. Add 3% for PayPal unless it's friends/family. I bought this saw for about $330 plus tax, so Im just trying to get my money back. Thanks Daryl20170930_174008.jpg 20170930_174035.jpg 20170930_174016.jpg 20170930_174026.jpg

I also have new 6400 top end kit I can throw in for an extra $75 if you want a backup. I took it off a brand new Dolmar 6400 about 4 years back and put on a 7900 top. Don't think I even started the saw when it was a 6400, it's brand new.

I also have new 6400 top end kit I can throw in for an extra $75 if you want a backup. I took it off a brand new Dolmar 6400 about 4 years back and put on a 7900 top. Don't think I even started the saw when it was a 6400, it's brand new.
That looks pretty clean! GLWS! Nice collection of saws too btw.

Thanks buddy, seems like my interests/hobbies change about every 3-4 years. For a long time I was really into saws (tinkering, rebuilding, etc.) The last couple years I've really gotten into tractor restoring. Anyway, got too many saws all over my shop! Decided to try and clear a few out. When the chainsaw bug returns, I'll probably wish I hadn't!!

Thank you sir. The guy at the counter said the saws at his store weren't a high rent item. And he thought they were basically being sold because they had aged out. No idea if that is actually true or he was just a good salesman. But both saws do seem very clean

Interested in this one as well as the other. Do you have pictures of the second 6421 available? What is the bar length? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both are 20" bars. The Home Depot bar on the first saw is a laminated bar. The other saw has a well used solid bar. I imagine it's the oem makita (oregon?) bar. The chain on the 2nd saw is also brand new. But I don't recognize the chain. Some kind of safety chain. I'll try to get #2 pics soon

After looking over saw #2, I think it's just as clean as the first saw. It does have an oem makita solid bar. I greased the clutch bearing and cleaned out the drum. Saw oils, idles and runs just like it supposed to. If I was going to keep this saw I would replace the rim sprocket and air filter. Rim sprocket is worn a bit and the filter is the mesh type. Definitely better off with a flocked filter. $385 shipped to lower 48. Add 3% for PayPal unless friends /family. Thanks!

Back