Makita, Hilti, and other 4" air filters aftermarket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nolids

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
s-l400.jpgDoes your saw use a similar air filter to the one above? I have a Makita Dolmar concrete saw DCP 9501 manufactured in the 1990's and using the official parts manual it gave me a number for a filter that costs $26.00 and is almost obsolete on an internet search.

I tried to find one using the dimensions and that turned out to be too time consuming so I took it with me the next time I had to go to the auto parts store. To my total amazement one of the young guys found the same filter in less than a minute using no catalog or the non-existent number on the old filter.

It turns out he was looking for a alternate filter for his car and remembered this particular filter while he was opening random boxes. It was like hitting the lottery for me. He didn't even know what it fit.

Okay, enough rambling. The filter is used by Onan RV generators and a lot of construction equipment and can be interchanged with every major filter manufacturer. I like the Onan because it comes with a pre-filter foam that can be washed. Less than $15.00.

I got the Wix filter 42362 with no pre-filter included that day. HTH

Yes, I saved my saw from the metal recyclers and my scrap collector friend. The Makita chop saw is in amazing good shape with great compression, only bad side was getting it running which cost me a $200 SEM GA ignition module. So how much would a 95cc chop saw cost new? I enjoy bringing old saws back to life.

Just got the inner filter from "The Russian Federation" via eBay and USPS. Fits perfectly under the WIX outside filter.IMG_20200225_154105952.jpg

This is a hobby!

Latest posts

Back