Mall 2MG Manual

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the manual post. Currently working on a 1953 2MG, replaced the mag coil with one from a HD 125. The Bendix-Scintilla magneto frame was used by both the Mall and HD.

Here is a copy
Thank you so much for the mall 2mg manual. It copied really nice. A friend purchased an old building that was an allis chalmer tractor dealership. I was helping him move some old stuff. I looked in old work bench and found a new Mall 2mg, sn g-71879. It still had the tags on it. It was amazing . He gave it to me. Again thanks so much.

This is a follow up from December 2020 with two pictures. I have had the Mall 2MG running and cut some wood using a replacement two man bar from Remington. The original 18 inch chain is a bit tight and stiff. Remington bought the Mall Company in the mid-1950's and continued to sell the 2MG. The Remington chain is 7/16, and a suitable sprocket was needed to adapt the bar and chain to the Mall gear box.

Attachments

• DSC_0073.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 3
  • image_123923953.JPG
    image_123923953.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 4
Is it possible to post the tags from the saw? As a guess, your saw is a later version sold when Remington had aquired the Mall Company. Thanks

Thank you for the manual post. Currently working on a 1953 2MG, replaced the mag coil with one from a HD 125. The Bendix-Scintilla magneto frame was used by both the Mall and HD.
Do you or anyone know what the compression should be on a 1954 mall 2mg. This saw is new to me and it sure is interesting. thanks

The Mall that I have was bought new in 1953. When we decided to rehabilated, there was no spark. Replaced the coil. Removed the Carb/reed assembly, and checked the bearings. The saw was hard used for about 10 years and then retired. Bearings were fine, since the saw was to be used for exhibit, no tear down and rebuild. With the original rings, throttle closed, and five pulls of the recoil started, I can register 75 psi. With that, carb adjusted, timing at factory settings, the saw runs fine and will run a two man bar.

Footnote: As for the compression of the 105 cc Mall, any compression gauge registering above 75 psi is good. Appears new saws are to be at 140 psi or more.

Back