Mall Chainsaw sign

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeanie

Reaction score
does anyone know about The history of Mall Chainsaws? I came across a flanged 2 sided Mall Chainsaw sign and I am having a hard time finding out about its history and age.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
does anyone know about The history of Mall Chainsaws? I came across a flanged 2 sided Mall Chainsaw sign and I am having a hard time finding out about its history and age.
I have Mall chainsaw 1 mg that saw was made 1955 to 1957 . Your sign is probley from the 1950's if you can look closely at the your sign and see if has porcelyn coloring and lettering that might give you a year to what years it was made.
scott

I have Mall chainsaw 1 mg that saw was made 1955 to 1957 . Your sign is probley from the 1950's if you can look closely at the your sign and see if has porcelyn coloring and lettering that might give you a year to what years it was made.
scott
Thanks for the info. The sign is painted tin I dont think it is porcelain. The only markings are on the flange

Looks like a 2MG on the sign - see below. Also did a GP as my father used one in the late 50s/early 60s. Mall was taken over by Remington in the late 50s. One of the most notable features I've found on them is the self-removing flywheel. The nut is captured, so as you continue to unscrew it, it pulls the flywheel off.

DSCN3802.JPG DSCN2057.JPG

Back