Maple in the front yard...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stillhunter

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
This tree was rotten and leaning hard @ my neighbors front door and roof w 4 dormer windows on the 2nd floor in the background.

d.jpg
d2.jpg
My brother and I shot a line up to the V about 45' high and roped the tree off as tight as we could. We could not get the line higher because of branches all around. I was worried the leaning would bring the tree on the house even w the tight line so I looped another rope to the line and pulled it away from the house w my truck, it was tighter than dicks hat band. I notched it at an angle more than where the tree fell and went to sawing.
I was amazed that the tree fell exactly where we wanted it to.
I have never pulled/felled a leaning tree this far from the lean and you can see the line in the background.
d3.jpg
I was sure the best we could do was hit the bushes and the big Oak in the background.
d4.jpg

"got the line as tight as you could". How? Comealong? Or by hand?

Any pics of the tree's lean before you cut it?

"got the line as tight as you could". How? Comealong? Or by hand?

Any pics of the tree's lean before you cut it?

....." I looped another rope to the line and pulled it away from the house w my truck"...
We wrapped and cinched the rope on the tree trunk and tied it off. No pics of the lean but it was similar to the large, leaning Oak in the last pic.

Back