• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Maple tree has something wrong with it. Opinions on what it might be? Pic included

MouseThe

MouseThe

I'll do by best to provide good info. Dont know much about trees. We live in southern Ohio and it's been a very rainy spring so far. Our maple tree has never given us problems before. It's an old growth silver maple, our guess is it was planted in the 70's. It is overdue for a pruning and that's on us, but this thing going on with the leaves seems like some kind of fungal infection. Any tips or ideas on what this is and what we should do would be greatly appreciated. 20200516_104806.jpg

ATH

Addicted to ArboristSite
Website
www.AdvancedTreeHealth.com
Looks a bit light verticillium wilt: https://www.canr.msu.edu/news/verticillium_wilt_refresher

I had a client that had one that looked like that last year but we could never get a positive identification - for anything. I tried a few samples and working with the OSU lab, we never came to a positive conclusion..but suspected verticillium all along.

Oh, and that is sugar (or maybe Black - leaves look a little off, but may just be immature leaves), not silver maple

MouseThe

MouseThe

Looks a bit light verticillium wilt: https://www.canr.msu.edu/news/verticillium_wilt_refresher

I had a client that had one that looked like that last year but we could never get a positive identification - for anything. I tried a few samples and working with the OSU lab, we never came to a positive conclusion..but suspected verticillium all along.

Oh, and that is sugar (or maybe Black - leaves look a little off, but may just be immature leaves), not silver maple
Thank you so much for the info! And whoa it's not a silver maple? This requires more research lol