Maple w/limping leaves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philippe

Reaction score
We have a columnar maple, 3yrs. This year the leave have arrived but are all limp and I think I see sign of them beginning to brown. A ornimetal pear tree beside it is also full of leaves but has failed to flower like others in other parts of the yard. We are 1 1/2 hours from Bufflo NY at the west end of lake Ontario. the ground is well drained. and it has been a dry spring. I worry about over watering. Any thoughts?

I was at the other end of Lake Ont. last weekend and all the fleshy-fruit bearing trees were gearing up for full bloom. With you being on the west end of the lake, you should be further along as the lake retards the bloom in the Niagara area. Relative to the other trees that are flowering, is the tree on a dryer area?

Wilting leaves with no other sign of an insect or disease agent usually points to a dry tree, and when the leaves are flushing is a particularly touchy time. Give the tree a good soaking. Later on in the summer, a drought will result in the tree's leave turning to autumn colours and then to a brown.

Back