Mastermind Meets The 576XP Auto Tune

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boy that thing runs strong. Very nice work.

Thanks for the nod. The saw is very good and getting better. I would rather have this saw than a 372.........

It's going straight into a logging environment so we should be able to get feedback on how it performs and holds up.

do the strato saws have similar port timing #s as the non ? or did you have to refigure them all out ?

do the strato saws have similar port timing #s as the non ? or did you have to refigure them all out ?

The intake and exhaust are very similar. On this saw it had a short BD time. But that varies from saw to saw. I've been leaning toward this line of thinking......small case volume needs more blowdown. This saw flies in the face of that theory though as it has crank stuffers.

I've noticed a progression in these strato saws. The strato ports were ahead of the intake in the beginning.......then they became even.......now the intake is two - three degrees ahead of the strato ports.

Again........the most I learn, the less I really know.

To my eye this is a sand casting, although the witness line in the center confuses me. To the best of my knowledge, my 435 and 455 have die cast cylinders with plates covering the interior transfer passages. Sand casting allows for much more complicated ports, whereas die casting would be cheaper in high volume.

What are your thoughts?

attachment.php

The intake and exhaust are very similar. On this saw it had a short BD time. But that varies from saw to saw. I've been leaning toward this line of thinking......small case volume needs more blowdown. This saw flies in the face of that theory though as it has crank stuffers.

I've noticed a progression in these strato saws. The strato ports were ahead of the intake in the beginning.......then they became even.......now the intake is two - three degrees ahead of the strato ports.

Again........the most I learn, the less I really know.

ive noticed the stuffers on the newer models ,must be to compensate for the strato ports ?

The "after" video....

[video=youtube;Dv50x3XXrUs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv50x3XXrUs[/video]

The "before" video is still loading....

Got home late tonight and saw this video, DAM! Looks like it has some liver now, and if its like the other 576's i've had it will really come to life after its had about 5 gallons through it. Awesome job Randy!:bowdown:

Nice work there Randy.:msp_smile:
So witch one do you like best the fat bottom girl (441CM) or the large breasted cheer leader (576 Auto Tune) ?
Cheers

The 576 does have more snot.

I've not been able to run either one enough to be a good judge though.

I can't get any of the pictures or videos to load, is it just me or???

Joe

Latest posts

Back