Mastermind Meets The Echo CST-610EVL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In all honesty, people should run that twin if you can drag it around with you to some GTG's. It runs real good but the power isn't awe inspiring. The thing that is different is the smoothness of the running and the feel when you pull the recoil. I was so over whelmed at the VA GTG that I didn't think to run a stock twin to compare to; but I should have for comparison. All of that said, with some of the new chain you have it wearing... it's pretty dang quick as a cookie cutter.

With 20 saws sitting here to port........videos ain't top on my list right now. :msp_sad:

I'll try to get to it soon.........but Brian isn't in any hurry to get his saw home. And I'm liking the idea of having it at GTGs. :msp_smile:

I'd figure things would slow down when I started telling everyone I was over a month out but that's not been the case.

I'll help you out as I wanted to send you another saw but she who must be obeyed said nothing else (that she knows about) until her kitchen floor is finished. As I enjoy my whole collection and don't want to half it right now.. I'll do the floor!

Grind away and quit yakin' on the intranetz and stuff!:laugh:

With 20 saws sitting here to port........videos ain't top on my list right now. :msp_sad:

I'll try to get to it soon.........but Brian isn't in any hurry to get his saw home. And I'm liking the idea of having it at GTGs. :msp_smile:

I'd figure things would slow down when I started telling everyone I was over a month out but that's not been the case.

The result is worth the wait.:msp_wink:

pie dont work unless you let it [video=youtube;lz1AnLn6f04]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz1AnLn6f04[/video]

Echo cst-610 evl - #2

I finally have a running 610, had to buy another one, just picked it up from Ebay in the USA, it arrived today here in Australia.

Removed from box, tipped out last droplets of USA fuel, added some AUS 98 blended at 40:1 with a synthetic - how many pulls to make this go I wonder. I gave a half hearted compression check pull, was amazed how strong the compression was!!

Anyhow, pulled out the choke and get down to the job, one pull - nothing, 2nd pull and straight into life like it was started 30mins before. Absolutely amazed, goes really nicely.

Now to decided what to do with the 2 610s, the first one is cosmetically better in every way, motor is seems very good too, but the 2nd one is the goer, very tempted to swap CDI into the first unit and call that one my saw.

Will give it some thought in the future

But for now, 2cyls banging away sweet, a little retune on the L and H screws for the local climate - elevation and temp and all good

So after a slight delay and another set of case gaskets........

New OEM seals. We used new Nachi bearings too.

echotwin010_zps818b599c.jpg

echotwin012_zps775be28a.jpg

Hi, congrats to that running twin. I have got three questions, would be glad if someone could help:
Maybe I missed it, could someone please tell me how the scored engine parts were replaced?
Did you got a 2nd saw for parts, or did you modified other types of pistons so that they would fit, and it was possible to rescue the cylinders?

And why do the rods in those pictures above look like copper grease? Did you aplied any for some reason?

best Chris

Hi, congrats to that running twin. I have got three questions, would be glad if someone could help:
Maybe I missed it, could someone please tell me how the scored engine parts were replaced?
Did you got a 2nd saw for parts, or did you modified other types of pistons so that they would fit, and it was possible to rescue the cylinders?

And why do the rods in those pictures above look like copper grease? Did you aplied any for some reason?

best Chris

New OEM pistons were installed......and the jugs cleaned up.

That strange color is just the way the parts were after tank cleaning.....

Back