Mastermind Meets The MS661 C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just called the Stihl shop that I bought my 461 at to ask if they had a 661 and they said that they wont have any until after the first of the year. He said that Stihl had recalled the ones that they sold because of cylinder problems.

Does anyone know who's making these cylinders? I had a 460 with a Stihl branded cylinder. It had some pitting near the base "not a big deal IMHO" and man the plating seemed to chip quite easily. Now if it's a Mahle or Gilardoni there's little Stihl can do, other than have them fix the issue. If this is truly the cause of the recall, well **** happens. No manufacture makes every single part, so this stuff happens from time to time. Look what happened to some of the early Husky AT saws, bad carbs, coils and even simple items like screws.

Yeah it is different. I thought I replied a minute ago and then went to new posts and it wasn't there. Not sure what happened.

Teething problems, Audi and Volkswagen had big problems with gearbox recalls, Toyota brakes didn't work, Mercedes managed to flip two race cars at Le Mans 99 from bad aero design, it happens, they'll fix it.

Sent from my GT-I9210T

I'll make a stock video of the saw tomorrow.......this place just ain't the same though.

This format sucks. Sometimes it works fine, other times you make a post and it ends up on ****ing mars or some ****.

Must stay calm. A little holiday music, time with the family, go at it tomorrow on a new day. It's too close to Christmas for me to lose it over a new sight that DOESN'T have LinkBucks.:D

Shea

Teething problems, Audi and Volkswagen had big problems with gearbox recalls, Toyota brakes didn't work, Mercedes managed to flip two race cars at Le Mans 99 from bad aero design, it happens, they'll fix it.

Sent from my GT-I9210T

If only they could fix their oil leak problems

With as much as this saw has been anticipated.... Id say this thread will single-handedly (sounds right in my head:laugh:) shut down the classified section of AS. Classifieds got the makings of becoming a "buyers" market for sure.

I won't be able to post from the shop. I'll have to wait till tomorrow after work to post. I think the laptop may have been more the issue than the site when I tried to start this thread. My tolerance for ******** has been low these last few days.

Back