Mastermind Meets The MS661 C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what does 2-MIX engine mean?
from the catalog..." the STIHL 2-stroke engine with 2-MIX technology provides outstanding cutting performance and plenty of torque. up to 20% less fuel consumption and up to 70% fewer emissions compared to STIHL 2 strokes of the same performance class without 2-MIX technology."

off the website.
STIHL 2-MIX Engine
The new 2-MIX engine features an advanced stratified charge system that boosts power, whilst reducing consumption and pollution, significantly lowering unburned hydrocarbons in the exhaust. The result is a cleaner, more fuel efficient engine.

the link.. look up the features tab.
http://www.stihl.com.au/STIHL-Produ...Chain-saws/21616-1573/MS-441-C-M-Magnum®.aspx

The reply from Stihl Inc. regarding the availability of the MS661 chainsaw.

Thanks for your E-mail and your interest in STIHL products.
According to the information I have here the MS661 should be released around Aug-Sept 2014.
I hope this helps and if I can be of any further assistance, please let me know.

Sincerely,
Mark O’Briant
STIHL Inc. Technical Advisor

was at my stihl dealer and the regional rep showed up. he confirmed with me it was cylinders. also said they sold 4 of them before recall. 1 went bad and 3 are still going strong every day just about. said that the ones that are still going are good and the ones that are bad went bad pretty much right away.

Hey shouldn't you be cutting down a tree somewhere!!!

37lbs and counting ;)

i2ojd3.jpg

they are all 063

Sweet,,,,,
That is the best for folks that really work their saws,,, there are a few (just sawfreaks) here who dont have any wood on their place or any way to use it if they did.......that thinks .050 is all you need,,, well I suppose if'n they mostly just cut cookies and polish their shelf queens it is good,,,,,

give me the .063

Sweet,,,,,
That is the best for folks that really work their saws,,, there are a few (just sawfreaks) here who dont have any wood on their place or any way to use it if they did.......that thinks .050 is all you need,,, well I suppose if'n they mostly just cut cookies and polish their shelf queens it is good,,,,,

give me the .063

Yup.

Back