Mastermind Meets The MS661 C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now where's that unicorn picture I had??

My friendly local neighborhood saw shop has a sign on the counter..."DON"T EVEN ASK US WHEN THE 661s WILL BE IN!" So...every time any of us go in there we always ask about the 661. They're threatening to cut off our coffee and donut privileges if we don't quit it. :buttkick:

I was told by STIHL Northeast that it would be Fall 2014. :cry:

When it comes to the 661, there seems to be no straight answer from anyone at Stihl. But a longer delay means a more radical re-design of the saw. Or more testing, because they ballacked up the first release so badly. I would not want be on the engineering team of the 661...

Well I just hope it's going to be EVEN MORE BAD AZZ then it was going to be!

Engine re-design... no new features.

I am updating the 661 recall thread with some data from Germany and the UK. I will add Mastermind's post there. I wonder of that guy in Canada still says he can get as many 661s as he wants there and in Bavaria?

Mastermind Worksaws
No more work being taken until we catch up.

Hey Randy: I just saw this. I usually have the sig lines turned off on AS. Does this mean no saws being taken in for mods until the re-designed 661 comes out? Or is it separate... inquiring minds want to know. Too much work is a good thing I guess.

When is the 661 gonna be in Boss?

Beats me. My saw shop will have the first ones to hit this part of the country and I have dibs on the first one they get.

I just hope it happens before I get too old to carry the damn thing out to the truck. :rolleyes:

Back