Mastermind Meets The Stihl 041 Super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy, you wouldnt happen to know where you can get the SUPER 48 mm from, im after one for my 041 AV and cant find one in AUSTRALIA , ill pay postage to AUSTRALIA
Peter

Question,
Can a std 041 44 mm cylinder be bored out 4 mm to make 48 mm the same as a SUPER Cylinder and put the super piston in
Peter

So did anybody ever port a 44mm 041? I just rebuilt one that was given to me and I decided to open it up a bit. Gonna post a thread soon need to put a couple tanks through it to seat the rings.

Resurecting this ancient thread just to revel in the glory of this 041!

Attempting to duplicate the 041FB I used as a youngin that belonged to my Grandfather (except with a Super cyl/p). I sure hope Randy can work some magic on it as I want to be able to hand it down to my nephew when the time comes.

Just realized I never poster the video after the saw was done. Didn't do a lot put together without base gasket and widened the ports a little. Randy will def build a faster saw.

Here is one more video of it with my dad's best friend running it in some real hard oak. Sorry it does turn sideways mid way through.

Back