Masterminded 362c 87 octane vs 94

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The amount of oil and fuel usage increase in a ported engine probably gets 20-50% more oil per cycle from the increased air flow and tuning.

I need a cheap azz saw to do fuel tests with. I'll load it down on the dyno and keep leaning out the oil till it blows.

Haha. I'm not bold enough to make that statement but I think 40:1 is more than enough. 50:1 IMHO is sufficient if your using a good synthetic blend oil. Nothing wrong with the Stihl gray bottle

I usually dont take part in these oil threads because id rather hump sheep , but im honestly gonna push my luck in the name of science and run 50:1 in one of my ported saws with one of these thick motorcycle oils and see what happens. , if it blows oh well ..

I usually dont take part in these oil threads because id rather hump sheep , but im honestly gonna push my luck in the name of science and run 50:1 in one of my ported saws with one of these thick motorcycle oils and see what happens. , if it blows oh well ..
If it blows keep me out of the cussing. Lol

Well a guy ive talked with on here has done it with amsoil and nothin ever happened and he cuts his fair share of wood...bel-ray is so damn thick..ill try it.
I lost s piston in my first hybrid ,50 to 1 h1 r ,may have been a fluke deal though. 32 to 1 with mobil mx2 t does not leave black spooge and has a wider tuning range over thicker dirt bike oils

I lost s piston in my first hybrid ,50 to 1 h1 r ,may have been a fluke deal though. 32 to 1 with mobil mx2 t does not leave black spooge and has a wider tuning range over thicker dirt bike oils

Come to think of it..that schmidt is so damn thick i probably have mixed it at 50:1 if i figure how much of it was stuck to the walls of my ratio-rite.

I dont even bother with these expensive motorcycle oils anymore its a waste of money , auto supermarket has lucas oil for 27 a gallon there , i dont think theres two sh!ts of a difference honestly..its cool to compare if thats what your into...but to use those fancy oils on the regular is entirely too expensive to reap the benefit... if there even is one.

There is a big difference, but likely not noticeable in most saws.

I myself never cared for h1r, made my saws behave poorly. I could care less about the cost of oil personally it's cheap insurance. I would never run anything Lucas produces, especially the water based 2 cycle stuff. But what do I know I've never been in a saw, let alone port one.

There is a big difference, but likely not noticeable in most saws.

I myself never cared for h1r, made my saws behave poorly. I could care less about the cost of oil personally it's cheap insurance. I would never run anything Lucas produces, especially the water based 2 cycle stuff. But what do I know I've never been in a saw, let alone port one.

Awesome , ive never ran a chainsaw for days on end..thats why i dont know anything either.

Theres a big difference between 27 dollars a gallon and 60 or 70 dollars a gallon to me..im not a wealthy guy.

But...i dont tear my saw down after a few tanks of fuel to see what the oil did , so i suppose you super smart oil guru's are correct , i just know that ive never fried a saw on any oil...lucky ?..maybe i am.

Awesome , ive never ran a chainsaw for days on end..thats why i dont know anything either.

Theres a big difference between 27 dollars a gallon and 60 or 70 dollars a gallon to me..im not a wealthy guy.

But...i dont tear my saw down after a few tanks of fuel to see what the oil did , so i suppose you super smart oil guru's are correct , i just know that ive never fried a saw on any oil...lucky ?..maybe i am.

I don't tear them down all the time either, but have been in saw ran on cheap oil and lean ratios, there is a big difference, especially in the long run. Most here don't run their saws enough to see a big difference, I'll give you that. Really the cost of oil per gallon of mix is nothing IMHO.

I don't tear them down all the time either, but have been in some saw ran on cheap oil and lean ratios, there is a big difference, especially in the long run. Most here don't run their saws enough to see a big difference.

I could never argue with you guys on what these oils do on a scientific level , i dont know the first thing about it..i just know what works from a users standpoint and nothing more , im sure maxima k2 is "better" oil than lucas..but..if a chainsaw lives for a 100 gallons of oil ( that was just a guess i have no clue , only an example ) at 27 dollars a gallon vs 70 dollars thats a lot of money to me.

Latest posts

Back