Masterminded 362c 87 octane vs 94

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah its the same here. I had to have them order the gallon and it was there in 2 days.
yes sir, quite a savings by the gallon, basically you get an extra qt. for free or enough lube for 8 more gallons of mix @ 32:1 or 12.5 gal. of mix @ 50:1 and of course 10 more gal. @ 40:1,,, That is alot of sawin/whackin/trimmin for a 10 dollar savings on mix I would say...

Randy if you want some motul I can send you a pint or so to try.

I hate to resurrect such an old thread but I have been reading it from the beginning but this particular bit caused a question and I didn't want to get crucified
for starting "ANOTHER OIL THREAD" :dumb:

How much of a new oil or premix would you need to run to be able to accurately gauge the effect/cleanliness/dirtiness of that oil in a given saw?

I am sure it would vary from saw to saw depending on how clean or crappy the saw was when you switched oils but I am just looking for a guesstimate

I was looking at some of the oils mentioned and most of them still seem to be the go-to oils for you port heads and mod guys

Obviously its cheaper per unit to buy a bigger bottle but who wants partly used bottles of oil gathering dust if they don't work for you

Is a pint enough?

A liter?

Sorry if this is a stupid question

Thanks

Michael

Do yourself a favor and use Motul 800, Klotz R50, or Maxima K2 at 32to1. Cant go wrong. Pick the one that your nose tolerates and then worry about important stuff like chain

None of those are available locally

Or Bel Ray

I checked

So I'll order from Amazon

I just didn't want to buy a two liter bottle of something I might not use

I appreciate the feedback

Regards

Michael

I have a large bottle of motul 800 off road I'm not using anymore due to awe fully smelly smokey conditions around my dyno. I tested a bunch of 660 jugs that I ran motul fuel at 40:1 I was concerned about carbon buildup after only five or six tanks. I decided not to use motul after the smell made me feel sick and the carbon was to much for my liking. I would have thought I'd never seen carbon buildup in a hard run dyno test.

I'm curious if anybody else has seen extra carbon when using motul 800 off road? I will say that I was thoroughly impressed with the film of oil in the cylinders and bottom end.

Has anyone experimented with less oil than 32:1 in their 362C? I've heard reports that they run MUCH better with less oil, at least in a stock one. Anyone else experienced this?

I tried 32 and 40 in the one you ported for me..only thing i noticed was it seemed to idle better and the throttle was maybe a smidge quicker with 40:1...in the wood speed didnt really seem any different..ill try again and pay more attention.

Brad, I've never run 32:1. but have been running the AMSOIL at 40:1 in all my saws w/o any problems.

EXCEPT: I had to do the reset procedure when I got the saw back from Randy. Pretty sure he was running 32:1 in them at the time.

Wow, I have never seen a builder recommend 50:1!!!

The info I got from this site said the AMSOIL Saber provides more protection than the Stihl oil.

Brad, I've never run 32:1. but have been running the AMSOIL at 40:1 in all my saws w/o any problems.

EXCEPT: I had to do the reset procedure when I got the saw back from Randy. Pretty sure he was running 32:1 in them at the time.

Wow, I have never seen a builder recommend 50:1!!!

The info I got from this site said the AMSOIL Saber provides more protection than the Stihl oil.

Well for better or for worse I have a liter of Motul on the way; and, a jug of Maxima as well

I got cross ways with the Amazon vendor because they tripled the shipping on my order without telling me

$16.00 to ship a $20.oo bottle of oil

I cancelled the Motul and ordered the Maxima and then the vendor e-mailed, explained that shipping to Alaska was always automatically increased to a set minimum and asked if I still wanted it if they shipped it at the origianlly quoted rate

I told them to go ahead

So now I have a couple oils inbound to play with

Like MustangMike I am currently running Saber at 40:1 in my two mostly stock saws

I have never pulled the top end off any of my saws but peeking into the ports things look ok

I just get a lot of smoke for the first minute or so and a LOT of soot as well as soggy mufflers

Both saws run a bit rich but clean up well in the cut on larger 12"-15" poplar rounds

Part of this hobby I love is the experimentation

Cheaper than being a gear head again and blowing up a V-8 when you goof

Best

Michael

Back