McBob's new Alky Burning Stihl 090

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ozflea

Good ol' BP Zoom 25-1
Reaction score
Well after you guys talked me into it and numerous words of encouragement i lashed out and bought a new Chinese Stihl 070 crankcase and crankshaft assy

090a.jpg

I have a few more odds and ends to get together and i have the piston barrel and carb on a plane to Australia somewhere and should be here very soon

KGrHqZrcE88g9e3P7BPblJuChHw60_12.jpg

Now lets see how fast a cheap ching a ding chainsaw can go

McBob

P.S A little patience is needed as i'm just a little ol fella from Australia

Last edited:
Reactions: wyk
:popcorn: YEEEHAAAWWW! Let the chips fly where they may! Ah cain't wait t'see what you end up with here.

Well we'll have to wait and see Dennis if the riceburners do last certainly a big price difference in parts cost but if it holds together then ................ who really cares

If i filed the word chainsaw off the side cover who would know or better stihl stuck a geniune side cover on it you couldn't pick the difference i luv it.

I may buy and build a cheap chinese Honda next with plastic on it next a clone of your Honda racer

McBob.

Well after you guys talked me into it and numerous words of encouragement i lashed out and bought a new Chinese Stihl 070 crankcase and crankshaft assy

090a.jpg

I have a few more odds and ends to get together and i have the piston barrel and carb on a plane to Australia somewhere and should be here very soon

KGrHqZrcE88g9e3P7BPblJuChHw60_12.jpg

Now lets see how fast a cheap ching a ding chainsaw can go

McBob

P.S A little patience is needed as i'm just a little ol fella from Australia

Way to go mr ozflea. When will you start raceing that monster, i don't understand why the big stihls are not seen raceing at shows.
I have seen raceing in western sydney and its great to see, but big orange saws win everything that i have seen. I did see a video on you tube of a fast 084 i think which beat a 090 which is a shame, maybe he got a hard bit of wood.
You must be a powerful man sir to handle such a beast, i have 2 and love to go out into the bush getting firewood like box and iron bark except after a trailer load i'm stuffed.

Way to go mr ozflea. When will you start raceing that monster, i don't understand why the big stihls are not seen raceing at shows.
I have seen raceing in western sydney and its great to see, but big orange saws win everything that i have seen. I did see a video on you tube of a fast 084 i think which beat a 090 which is a shame, maybe he got a hard bit of wood.
You must be a powerful man sir to handle such a beast, i have 2 and love to go out into the bush getting firewood like box and iron bark except after a trailer load i'm stuffed.

I dont know why either surely theres a few around i'm certain many are just lerking around with no where to race i know theres races for them in Qld and a few events in NSW
Proberly 088's can whoop their backsides but theres enough interest in QLD to organise just an 090 Race and the boys on the mid north run events when theres enough interest.

McBob.

Well we'll have to wait and see Dennis if the riceburners do last certainly a big price difference in parts cost but if it holds together then ................ who really cares

If i filed the word chainsaw off the side cover who would know or better stihl stuck a geniune side cover on it you couldn't pick the difference i luv it.

I may buy and build a cheap chinese Honda next with plastic on it next a clone of your Honda racer

McBob.

just thinking allowed here,,,, if you bought a working dog from a farmer who had more dogs than he needes, which dog would you get ???????
don't know what made me think of that just now...

when this is done, mandatory proof vids cutting real wood is expected.......

just thinking allowed here,,,, if you bought a working dog from a farmer who had more dogs than he needes, which dog would you get ???????
don't know what made me think of that just now...

when this is done, mandatory proof vids cutting real wood is expected.......

Gee i hope they have night races Neil with no video surveilance ..................... now wheres that xxxxxx log ??

McBob.

AS others (big Hoss) have said,,, let the chips/crankshaft (Cahoon) fly where they may,,,, Good on ya Mcbob mc bast!!!!!

I dont know why either surely theres a few around i'm certain many are just lerking around with no where to race i know theres races for them in Qld and a few events in NSW
Proberly 088's can whoop their backsides but theres enough interest in QLD to organise just an 090 Race and the boys on the mid north run events when theres enough interest.

McBob.

Thankyou sir for replying, wow i did not know 090's were being raced, i'm going to look harder and would love see them.
If you don't mind me asking, what is that copperhead logo you have under your user name, i see acouple of guys with race pics under their names.

AS others (big Hoss) have said,,, let the chips/crankshaft (Cahoon) fly where they may,,,, Good on ya Mcbob mc bast!!!!!

ROLF, you folks ain't right.....:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

my heart bleeds at every blown up engine, must be the wannabee sawtech in me :msp_rolleyes:.

Thankyou sir for replying, wow i did not know 090's were being raced, i'm going to look harder and would love see them.
If you don't mind me asking, what is that copperhead logo you have under your user name, i see acouple of guys with race pics under their names.

Well howdy doody 090man the Copperhead logo is the US820 Kart engine i purchased a few years back and fitted into a McCulloch SP125 chassis the Copperhead version
is the latest variant of these Westbend engines goes like stink

I got the engine through Dave Bonbright on the West Coast of the US i was told Dave was involved in the engines development its one powerful beast at 134cc

McBob.

copperheadmac.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back