McColluch Timber Bear

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased my Timber Bear in Sept
98 after getting tired of my 20" 2 speed 58 David Bradley. The Bradley will still cut the world around the McCulloch, but you don't climb trees with Bradley. Mix your premium (no alcohol) gas alittle oil heavy and add 103 Octane. You will notice a great improvement in its ability. It has won battles against Stihl Pro models

I know this thread is ancient but who dont like beating a dead horse or Timber Bear? Just kidding, I have no experience with it so can't say. But.....
There's been a TB on the local offerup site for weeks now in case anyone would like it. It's only 500 buckaroonies.

Proof is in the pudding. One day I decided to mount a 28" bar onto a Mac 5700 (more recent TimberBear) and see what it would cut and if it could pull that bar through big Elm. It did it without breathing too hard:
1634589451996.jpeg
How on earth I got these big rounds up onto the pickup truck by myself, I really do not remember. Today I would have noodle cut them all into halves or quarters.

The Timber Bear models were all the 3.7 In3 models which were bigger displacement than the 3.4 In3 5700. I suspect the Timber Bear version were also thin ring. I have one equipped with a 24" bar and it pulls it well enough. I have heard others make the same kind of comments about the Timber Bear. Last week I worked on a PM610 thin ring variant for a friend of mine and with a 28" bar buried in oak I could pull very hard on the saw and it just kept chugging.

Mark

Thin ring 600 series definitely better than the early 600 series. The bottom facing exhaust ports hurt the saws performance IMO. The 800 series saws were pretty lame for an 80cc saw. They did have a great look and sound though.

Back