• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold McCulloch 10-10s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
One of the last years of the 10-10s. Great condition. Recently picked up a 346xp off here and this should go to someone who will use it. Unfortunately it’s been sitting and I believe the carb is gummed up. I could not get it to start today. I also notice the gas tank is now leaking at split line where gasket is. It’s been a busy few months and just no time to work on it. It should be in the hands of a McCulloch collector. Asking $350 obo. Comes with original 20” bar and chain. Shipping is extra.
PayPal by friends and family only.
Feel free to ask questions.

Attachments

• 821C3890-FB4B-4EBE-857C-8FAE3A7A8A83.jpeg
    821C3890-FB4B-4EBE-857C-8FAE3A7A8A83.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 123
  • 30ECA167-627F-4358-A87C-44B462ACD38F.jpeg
    30ECA167-627F-4358-A87C-44B462ACD38F.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 125
  • 99722C00-FA3A-45B7-A33C-BC1334E02A99.jpeg
    99722C00-FA3A-45B7-A33C-BC1334E02A99.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 126
  • C244E306-9AD2-454A-9650-9C1974CD3727.jpeg
    C244E306-9AD2-454A-9650-9C1974CD3727.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 118
Nice lookin saw, but you might try ebay if thats the price range you’d like to get for it. Non-running 10-10’s usually go for less than a third of what ur asking (ends up being more of a buyers market on here, rather than a sellers market). Love my 10-10, fun little saws.
I know I’m definitely asking on the high side. It just that it was running not long ago and it is in great looking condition. I’ll probably get some time to get it running over the holiday. No doubt they go higher on eBay. Thanks for the input!

If you want to get top dollar, my humble suggestion would be to get the saw running and then post a video of the saw including startup, idling, cutting a good sized log, and back to idling. Then list it on ebay or the McC facebook sites.

There's not much demand for those saws here, or 031/032 Stihls, or a number of other classic firewood saw models that still seem to go for fair coin on eBay. I know I was dumbfounded at how much I got for a couple old metal body Echos (in orange and in JD colors, especially) when I put them up on eBay. I think a 50cc JD color one I sold went >$500, if I recall correctly.

Yeah, in our local market, I can hardly give away the Mac 10-10 series. I stopped fixing them for that reason. Just no love for that model around here anymore. With eBay, the market is large and those passionate about the model will complete with each other. The rear handle green Poulans are the same way. Either of these models only sell for about $50 in good running condition. The OP's example is really a nice one. Somebody is probably wanting one for their shelf.

Could pick up clean a 10-10 with original case for $100, or two for under $50, one is a one owner saw. Actually two of them are being sold by the sons of the guy who bought them new.

Seach craiglist, portland OR.
Gave that a try, nobody wanted to talk to me about boxing one up and shipping it. The ones that did respond acted like I was a scammer. Good idea in principal though... If you do know somebody that wants to make a little money and ship one not too far from that price range, I'm all ears.

Gave that a try, nobody wanted to talk to me about boxing one up and shipping it. The ones that did respond acted like I was a scammer. Good idea in principal though... If you do know somebody that wants to make a little money and ship one not too far from that price range, I'm all ears.
This is one of the problems, you try contacting someone outside you phones area code and they get freaked out your a scammer, then you tell them you can pay with PayPal and they know your a scammer :laugh:.
I sell many saws on here to guys in areas where they cannot buy a particular brand saw and they are happy with the fact that someone is willing to help them get what they want. Meanwhile there are always those who will give you a hard time about pricing and tell you "they've seen them listed for xyz" but won't help anyone get those deals even if there is a bit of profit in it for them.

Just take your time Joe, there is always a buyer at a fair price.
Another thing to consider is what would it cost you to replace this saw, regardless of the deals others seem to find them for.
GLWS buddy.

Back