• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy McCulloch 101B kart saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a real clean 2101XP with low hours I might have to see if I can sell or do a trade plus some $ for a 101.

It's not just a matter of money, it's the fact that 101 saws rarely come up for sale. Folks tend to keep them or IF they get sold, it's by word of mouth.

Yeah I have yet to see anyone selling a 101 Mac in the sale dept here. I know if I had to put up my 797 for sale it would be tough to part with. Hours and hours of wrenching on em and they become very sentimental.

A big Yup to that. If you find an engine (Ebay) you can install it in either a 125 chassis or a 797 style chassis. The 125 has AV so would be my choice but are getting expensive. A scored cylinder 125 makes a great donor chassis and should save you money.

Good luck buying a 101, you will most likely have to build one. I'd take a 101 any day over a 3120 myself. Oh yeah, about the 101, remember to lower the rakers, A LOT!

Ya Don, I agree. The rakers on my 101 geardrive are at 50 and that saw can still use more chain.
I haven't had time to try out my latest 101 build but i'm guessing it will also need the rakers cut
down way low.

I remember a few years ago guys like axeman on ebay were finding and selling 101 saws but that
was then. Haven't seen one in years. That's why I go after the stock 101's on ebay that haven't
been ported and butchered. The last 3 I bought were stock ports with std bore as well.

I'm thinking hard that my next 101 will be in a 795-797 chassis as I don't have one in that chassis
yet. Will do it stock appearing just not sure what carb I will use.

Lee

Lee, a flatback might be kinda cool just to see. And it's. bigger than the SDC 20 isn't it? Also a WB would be great and still have a choke.

Ya Don, I agree. The rakers on my 101 geardrive are at 50 and that saw can still use more chain.
I haven't had time to try out my latest 101 build but i'm guessing it will also need the rakers cut
down way low.

I remember a few years ago guys like axeman on ebay were finding and selling 101 saws but that
was then. Haven't seen one in years. That's why I go after the stock 101's on ebay that haven't
been ported and butchered. The last 3 I bought were stock ports with std bore as well.

I'm thinking hard that my next 101 will be in a 795-797 chassis as I don't have one in that chassis
yet. Will do it stock appearing just not sure what carb I will use.

Lee

Lee you ever gonna part with any of your 101s? I'm sure you would demand a well deserved price for em. Some of us guys don't have the tools, time, or skills to do the work you guys do.

Lee you ever gonna part with any of your 101s? I'm sure you would demand a well deserved price for em. Some of us guys don't have the tools, time, or skills to do the work you guys do.
Very funny, I asked that same question of Lee a few years back. That's why I ended up building my own.

Lee, a flatback might be kinda cool just to see. And it's. bigger than the SDC 20 isn't it? Also a WB would be great and still have a choke.

I want it to fit under the filter cover. And with the 795-797 chassis I can't go cutting up the air box like a 125
as I would go right into the fuel tank. So i'm kinda limited. Thinking a kart race HL carb but one with a 1 inch
bore and not the HL360. Got to figure a way to make the reeds flow better.

Back