• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy McCulloch 101B kart saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps I'll pick up a 101 motor and sit on it a while. Between railroading full time and cutting firewood on the side, that leaves me with less time to spend with my 3 boys. 6, 3, and JR is due in less than a month...my time is valuable to them. Maybe when I retire I'll build me a 101 saw. Plus they love the heck out of going wood cutting with dad. Not so much though when I got my head buried in a saw day in and day out. Not a hard decision for me to make. I'll just keep my eyes peeled for a kart saw sale. Or plan A, 3120XP ported. I'll leave the saw building to the experts.

These days Craigslist is a good resource on the west coast as far as kart engines go. I picked up a clean used 101B motor a couple years ago for $240. I also picked up a freshly honed .030" over 101AA block that came with the new piston, rings, connecting rod, and head from a guy in Eureka for $300. I also picked up an Mc-91b for $50 at a flea market in Salem, OR. So the deals are out there. Finding an already built original kartsaw is much harder since they were built for fallers at the time and usually they were ran hard and used up in the woods.

Chainsaw guy has those 3120 powerheads for 1399 shipped to your door...... I want one bad
Isn't that a killer price?! For years I've wanted a 3120 and now I got the chance, but after running my 797 I'm curious about the 101s.

If ya wanna run a 101, if you can wait till June, come to the PNW gtg in Springfield. I have a feeling one there might'n be one, possibly two could show up.

I'll probably have two of mine there- one with a 101 and one with the 91b motor. I'll also have a couple saws there with two piece heads.

Heck I'm only a couple hours from Springfield. I ain't got much to bring. 2101XP, 075, 797. Anyone know when in June it is?

Latest posts

Back