Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stoneharvester

Reaction score
So, I have been reading this website for years, as I have quite a decent collection of antique / obsolete chainsaws. Mostly Homelite, but two days ago, I picked up an old McCulloch 35 at a yard sale just because it was old and weird.

Anyhow, these saws were made between 1957 and 1959. 55cc, kinda tall and narrow, and has a bevel gear transmission for reduction.

Spent a good day disassembling, cleaning, and getting spark back...... it runs now, but I am pretty sure the fuel pump diaphragm is shot, ( looked at it and it's seen better days ) and the primer plunger rubbers are toast.

Kind of a weirdo saw, but I would love to get it working good enough to cut some wood and play around with it.

Does anyone know of any source for parts for these old Macs? I can basically get anything for Homelite, but this Mac carburetor is Mac specific, as I am sure the fuel pump is too. It's like nothing I have ever seen before, yet seems like a very simple design. It was a snap to clean, and the reed valve is very accessible.

Anyhow, not wanting to write a novel, so thanks in advance for any help and thanks for creating such a cool web forum for chainsaws!

...gave her a NOS Diaphragm [emoji108]
0634d63873ad2a298372e91015f79429.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-G928F mit Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back