Mcculloch Bar Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turd Furgeson

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I picked up a McCulloch 7-10A today with a toasted bar. The other week I picked up some blacksmithing stuff from and old logger who saved the tools from a scrap pile. He had what I think is a 24" sprocket nose mcculloch branded bar sitting there that he gave me.

The numbers on the bar 6846TG and WG60V 1285 it also says .050 gauge and the tip says .375 and .050. I'd like to make a chain for the 7-10A and this bar but I'm not sure how many drive links I'd need. The bar is about 24" from the tip to the end of the slot.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

TF

Hey Guys,

I picked up a McCulloch 7-10A today with a toasted bar. The other week I picked up some blacksmithing stuff from and old logger who saved the tools from a scrap pile. He had what I think is a 24" sprocket nose mcculloch branded bar sitting there that he gave me.

The numbers on the bar 6846TG and WG60V 1285 it also says .050 gauge and the tip says .375 and .050. I'd like to make a chain for the 7-10A and this bar but I'm not sure how many drive links I'd need. The bar is about 24" from the tip to the end of the slot.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

TF

Should be 81 drive links with a seven tooth drive sprocket and 82 drive links with an eight tooth drive sprocket.
Ron

Best to follow Mark's advice. He knows ten times more than me. Personally I have never seen an 84 DL Mac branded bar, but if anyone has it would be Mark. Ron

Latest posts

Back