McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, no spark, took the flywheel off, cleaned up the points, set them to .018" (seemed like a decent starting point.) And got spark. Even got it to run for a few seconds before it flooded out. I'll just wait for the carb kit and other misc o rings etc I got coming and rebuild the carb before going further. I did manage to find a nos main check valve kit on evilbay, so I ordered that as well.
Thanks for the help so far!

Air leak somewhere? 🤔
That's where my mind goes of course, except that it is so steady and consistent. Starts well and the same every time, idles well and cuts strong with no racing up etc.
I have another one of these that I went through but was never happy with how it ran so I set it aside for a bit. Contemplating trying this setting on it and see what happens????

The 440 is an interesting saw, top tank like the 7XX models but built on the 87cc front tank block. Right hand start is awkward for some folks.

I have a couple in pretty good condition, I don't think I paid more than $150 for one but that's been more than 14 years ago.

This one came from James "Bigbore77" McGinn before he passed. Riding on the floor of my Ranger the day I picked it up - photo says it was 19 February 2010...

McCulloch 440 001.jpg

It cleaned up pretty well.

DSCN0682.jpg

DSCN0683.jpg

Mark

Latest posts

Back