McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mac's, Homelite, Sachs Dolmars, PM Canadiens, Stihls, Huskys, Partners, Alpinas, Jonsereds, Pioneers, Poulans,
Remingtons, Solos, Lombards, Titans, etc, etc, etc. To many to list.
I have a couple Homie 550 in a basket. Be kinda fun till I grow up to and with the the big boys.. Worth screwing with?

I don't get over here much, but picked up these two today, Mac 15 and a Mac 550. The 550 has a new air filter and new fuel lines. They were an old high school friends fathers saws. He was an auto mechanic and liked all things with engines. I'm thinking he may have done the work on the saws before he passed away a few years ago. I'll tinker with them tomorrow. The 550 has incredible compression. Will keep everyone posted on progress, Joe.
JRJuJE6.jpg

sfNRorR.jpg

488zGKh.jpg

4X3D6dM.jpg

I don't get over here much, but picked up these two today, Mac 15 and a Mac 550. The 550 has a new air filter and new fuel lines. They were an old high school friends fathers saws. He was an auto mechanic and liked all thing with engines. I'm thinking he may have done the work on the saws before he passed away a few years ago. I'll tinker with them tomorrow. The 550 has incredible compression. will keep everyone posted on progres, Joe.
JRJuJE6.jpg

sfNRorR.jpg

488zGKh.jpg

4X3D6dM.jpg

Yummy.

Nice 550, Congrats.

Lee
Thanks Lee, this saw is very easy on the eyes. Since it came from a friend, I'll probably get it running, clean it up as nice as possible, and give it a front row seat with my favorite big red saws. I've got two shelves in my garage that are just for the saws I really care about and keep running and play with.

On the Mac15. I was just on Acres site and it said this was the first "consumer saw" offered by Mac. If so, that's a pretty big saw for Harry Homeowner.

My Dad used all Macs when he first went into business, then switched to all Homelites in the late 60's. I remember a few of the big ones sitting in our barn till one of my cousins pestered him so much he gave the kid 2 of them for kart motors. Wish I knew what they were? Just think, if he hadn't give those last Macs away my shelves might be all Yellow instead of Red, Joe.

Latest posts

Back