McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian reports my 125 has a hole in the diaphragm plus a lot of crud on the screen. Ron

PS realized I miscounted last night - I parted with four 82cc MACs after the first batch for a total of six runners and two projects. You would think that moving out eight of them would give me some immunity from gathering more but it hasn't.

Does anyone know the HP rating for the SP125C? I did search for a while with no results.

If i remember right I've read 8ish 9ish HP thrown around i could be way off though i mite be thinking of a different saw. They say they go as good or better than a 3120 and bout the same weight yet way older. Pritty cool really would love to take one for a trip through a 30inch log

Any of you guys made your own muffler gasket for 82cc saws? What material can last?

I bought some gasket material recommended by Al Smith. Works well but not the easiest to work with. I miss asbestos.

It's Felpro exhaust gasket material with metal one side and fibre on the other. Needs a Dremel or similar tool to cut the interior hole.

Fel-Ramic 3009. Fibre side to the engine, metal to the muffler.

I bought some gasket material recommended by Al Smith. Works well but not the easiest to work with. I miss asbestos.

It's Felpro exhaust gasket material with metal one side and fibre on the other. Needs a Dremel or similar tool to cut the interior hole.

Fel-Ramic 3009. Fibre side to the engine, metal to the muffler.

Ok thanks I know the stuff. Mine is gone completely cant believe I didnt notice

Yar! Still on probation I guess, coming up on two years, I ask and get silence.

That sucks Randy at least your still on here though

LMAO!!
Hey Mods, I need an edit button FFS!

You might want to reconsider. After the latest crash, I tried to edit a post to add a thought. Got nowhere so I posted the thought in a second post only to have the first post disappear which left the second with no context. Had to post a third to provide the context, only to have the first post reappear.

Ron

If i remember right I've read 8ish 9ish HP thrown around i could be way off though i mite be thinking of a different saw. They say they go as good or better than a 3120 and bout the same weight yet way older. Pritty cool really would love to take one for a trip through a 30inch log
Here's mine - doing a bore cut through 24" Chinese Chestnut that went down on a bank. I bore cut and went out the bottom, then cut the top on a slight angle towards the stump to the log would fall down and away from the bar. The top cut isn't shown but it worked great.

The SP80 has a brake. Short cover. It's a more compact design.

I'll have to dump the fuel and oil out of the 8200 and weigh each of them. I think the the biggest diff in weight might be found in the 8200 cylinder shrouds, front and rear which are considerably thicker than the typical ones found on the 10 series.
Hard to say as often perceived weight is different than real weight. The 8200 is very top heavy.

A pic of the SP80

View attachment 684675

I like your muffler cover, I have an SP80 which is missing it's muffler cover and I might try to make one as well. Right now the spark arrestor serves as the outer muffler cover...

I like your muffler cover, I have an SP80 which is missing it's muffler cover and I might try to make one as well. Right now the spark arrestor serves as the outer muffler cover...

I made that from a piece of aluminum but the copper tubes I have in it don't want to stay put. Keeping my eye out for some aluminum tubing that will work.

It would be good if I could find to find some solder that will stick to both aluminum and copper.

Beautiful day here - started at 31* then warmed up to 55*.

Some PM800 handiwork.

Tall dead poplar.
IMG_3863.JPG

Live Red Oak in decline. Heavy lean on first stem. I wanted to swing it to the left but it decided to fall with a five inch thick hinge before I started my taper . IMG_3877.JPG

Second stem waited for the taper and fell perfectly.
IMG_3876.JPG

First stem on bottom. Second stem on top. PM800 in for the first buck at 17'.
IMG_3869.JPG

Another large dead poplar.
IMG_3883.JPG

Owe the adjoining landowner a T-Post as a result of the misbehaving oak. Dead center hit.
IMG_3861.JPG

Brian had his 800 humming as well as his 1010S.

Ron

Latest posts

Back