McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the saws has a lever similar to that,but no decomp valve.I'm thinking that someone had changed out the handle once before.I also noticed that the tank in the front wasn't sloped like 2-10s are supposed to be.I think I have only one 2-10 & the other two are 10-10's.If I only had tags on the saws.
Ed

Had these resprouted blue gum trees to drop at work it's just a multi trunk tree and 1 bigger 1 behind me there is a fence and driveway on each side so only one place to put them behind is a precious native garden. Well there all about 12 to 15 inch diameter not really big but gum is heavy wood and all leaning a different way. Most people who dont no what there doing (eg me) would park a truck and use a strop or rope and pull it well that's dangerous as so using Billy's methods I landed them all right where they needed to beView attachment 689605 View attachment 689606 View attachment 689607
hey thats pretty good nice grouping!!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Aww hell houses are scary to even think about dropping trees around bugger that. I think if you spent a lifetime dropping trees there would still be more to learn there just never the same every time unless there dead straight up and no big branches
no sir never the same and i dont do it very much i cut for fun mostly for friends and family never charge for it either..mabe some food[emoji2]

no sir never the same and i dont do it very much i cut for fun mostly for friends and family never charge for it either..mabe some food[emoji2]

Nice man me too really just keep wood in everyone's sheds ours too ofcourse. But any excuse to fire up a loud old saw I'll take

This one is going to be tricky it's got a fair old lean on out over the road I'm hoping I can pull it back with a strop and ratchet but then its going to snag on me. Mite be a climb jobby. Will be really interesting dragging the 7-10 up in the tree20181213_064928.jpg 20181213_065005.jpg

Hey guys it has been quite a while.
Finally had the 10-10 back together and encountered some leaks from the front of the fuel tank and where the fuel line comes through the tank into the air box. Re-applied gasket sealer to the front of the tank, need to research a good sealant to use for the fuel line coming into the air box. Any suggestions guys? The fuel line is a replacement OEM style fuel line I purchased off of E-Bay. Also, when I go to fire this 10-10 up, does anyone have any input on how many turns out on the low and hi idle screws? Thanks for your time guys

I'm in the process of reviving a couple of old 2-10's.I just bought a used 10-10 handle/air box with the tank attached.I also got an AF cover & filter,so that should take care of one saw.I have two questions.1) does the fuel cap for the 2-10 fit onto the 10-10 tank? 2)Does the 2-10 tank fit onto the 10-10 handle?
Ed

I'm hoping I can pull it back with a strop and ratchet...

I'm afraid that one looks like it's going in the road, Jethro..., right after it smashes the fence. LOL

You could obviously limb it to get rid of the weight on that side and probably drop it along the fence if you can get a rope high enough for the leverage. Need to get your phone cam goin' for all that!

Back