McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like a heavy duty roll pin punch. You can buy those but they are not near as thick.
I made a special punch of sorts to help replace those tiny roll pins, just a piece of bar stock with a small hole in the end to hold the pin when you try to start it back in the hole. Much easier than pounding on you fingers and it causes me to be much more inclined to knock the pins out when it helps with a task.

Well Pogo,I owe you a debt of thanks for helping me out with the E.B.2014 trigger/handle assembly.I put the oil line in yesterday along with the flywheel back on.Today I got the trigger assembly & the handle put back on the baby Mac.Tomorrow I need to rerun one of the fuel lines,it pulled out into the tank when I was fussin with the carb & handle & didn't notice what had happened till it was too late.That's the least of my worries at this point.Now off to Feebay to buy a new chain brake handle.
Ed

That would be fun for sure.

I started on the replica H&S spike today. 5 parts to fab up (I wish I had a band saw!) and weld together.

I really like doing this kind of hobby work. Hacking, filing, grinding and welding. Worth the effort as I really like those old H&S spikes.

Started on the lower spike double tooth?. I leave lots of metal backside before I cut and fit them to the spine and mounting plate weldment. That way I can hold and clamp the spikes while working on them.

I always make a template to work from. I scaled it to a pic of a saw wearing an original H&S spike.

DSCF4041.JPG

Theres certainly not alot you cant cut fairly quickly with a grinder. Band saws are ok but the buggers never cut square ok for stuff to go in the lathe after. A cheap drop saw is the way for us back yard boys. You can fab up an adjustable stop easily too 20190109_121258.jpg
These are 250 by 150mm all cut with a grinder its faster by a mile than to try and wrestle 12m lengths in to the band saw and then have to fix up the slightly out of square cuts. 350 by 200mm 12mm thick wall RHS gets pretty tiring with the 9inch though especially beveling with a 9 inch too.
Nice spikes on the sp80 or 81 cant remember but I'm sure this set will be even better Tim.

Fossil spikes or umm F&S lol

Theres certainly not alot you cant cut fairly quickly with a grinder. Band saws are ok but the buggers never cut square ok for stuff to go in the lathe after. A cheap drop saw is the way for us back yard boys. You can fab up an adjustable stop easily too View attachment 695725
These are 250 by 150mm all cut with a grinder its faster by a mile than to try and wrestle 12m lengths in to the band saw and then have to fix up the slightly out of square cuts. 350 by 200mm 12mm thick wall RHS gets pretty tiring with the 9inch though especially beveling with a 9 inch too.
Nice spikes on the sp80 or 81 cant remember but I'm sure this set will be even better Tim.

Fossil spikes or umm F&S lol

I agree. I haven't got a good place to use the angle grinder in the basement. To many things to catch fire. The garage is a bit cold at the moment.

I may cut the spine in the garage tomorrow. Long straight piece about 10mm wide.

Back