McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark, what do you suppose I might find causing it not to work? I've actually never had a manual oiler not work. I'm thinking it.must he the check valve not working.

Mac 10-10 SDC carburetor rebuild. The IPL shows two diagrams a check valve and a fuel pump. I've never rebuilt one that called for two. When I rebuilt it I placed both in because the IPL called for it but I'm having some problems getting it started so I'm second guessing my work. My question is do both go in?

Most SDC do have the check valve diaphragm in them. Attached is a list of SDC carbs (I think a few are missing). Find your carb model number on the list and look to see if #25 check valve diaphragm is listed or if there's just a dash in there. If there's a dash instead of a part number the check valve diaphragm is not needed.

Attachments

• Walbro SDC Series.pdf
    181.1 KB · Views: 5
Most SDC do have the check valve diaphragm in them. Attached is a list of SDC carbs (I think a few are missing). Find your carb model number on the list and look to see if #25 check valve diaphragm is listed or if there's just a dash in there. If there's a dash instead of a part number the check valve diaphragm is not needed.

Thanks Tim that will be handy. I've got a bunch of SDCs to rebuild

Tim,I've looked over the SDC that I rebuilt yesterday from top to bottom & I can't find the model # anywhere.That carb had the two pump diaphragms in it when I took it apart,so that's the way it went back together.It won't do much good to put it back on the saw just yet,I need a new fuel,I should get it by the end of the week.
Ed

Normally I ignore McCinderblocks but this one caught my attention.
bb01975a87db0b0da2052b4c1c86ce4f.jpg

263b486e5c2a8cee74bcee27b6846dbd.jpg

It ready for its first chain sharpening.

And new rubber goods in the carb. Darn Zama! [emoji2955]

One more 125 question.

This cylinder seems to have a fix on the clutch side. There is the much love JB Weld goop with a plate. Looking inside I'm not seeing any cracks.

So...is this a fix or a reinforcement?

This cylinder is about to be sent out to be bored out and want to make sure it isn't junk.

Attachments

• IMG_20190211_164418.jpg
    IMG_20190211_164418.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20190211_164458.jpg
    IMG_20190211_164458.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 27
Did anyone watch Pawnstars tonight? They toured Ronald Reagan's ranch. At one point they toured his garage/shop. You can see on the shelf 4 McCulloch chainsaws.

Brian
Cooool
What did he have? I started hunting and found this you boys will have seen it before no doubt.

Latest posts

Back