McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps between the manual oil pump and the oil line...some of the disks are phenolic, some are aluminum.

DSCN5944.JPG

It sits on top of the oil line flange.

DSCN5948.JPG

DSCN5949.JPG

Make sure the check valve in the automatic pump is working as well, when you operate the piston manually you should be able to see some oil coming out of the pump body; green is the inlet, red is the outlet.

DSCN5924.JPG

Mark

Taking everything replied into account. Thanks for the info and pics guys. We'll see what happens when I tear into the tank and if nothing progressive stems from there, I will pull the tank and go from there.

Once again, experimenting with my own design from Vintage McCulloch logos and old Ads, I created a T-Shirt this time, instead of a mug. The images look low quality from afar on the previews, but up close, they look great! Hopefully it looks the same when it arrives. My mug was damn close!

Attachments

• MacShirt1.jpg
    MacShirt1.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 12
  • MacShirt2.jpg
    MacShirt2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Fullscreen capture 2182019 112518 PM.jpg
    Fullscreen capture 2182019 112518 PM.jpg
    730 KB · Views: 13
  • Fullscreen capture 2182019 112620 PM.jpg
    Fullscreen capture 2182019 112620 PM.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 11
Also,

Did McCulloch have an Official slogan other than the mid-late 70's (Keeps America Buzzin')?
Seems like there was some other subtle ones that were printed on old ads but nothing that ever stuck or stayed consistent throughout the years.

Taking everything replied into account. Thanks for the info and pics guys. We'll see what happens when I tear into the tank and if nothing progressive stems from there, I will pull the tank and go from there.

Once again, experimenting with my own design from Vintage McCulloch logos and old Ads, I created a T-Shirt this time, instead of a mug. The images look low quality from afar on the previews, but up close, they look great! Hopefully it looks the same when it arrives. My mug was damn close!

mug & those look good. if you ever do the ol mcc logo, im in...
just my pref.

mug & those look good. if you ever do the ol mcc logo, im in...
just my pref.

I would love to create some kind of apparel (etc.) with the cMC logo, which is on the vast majority of my saws, but it is very difficult to find that logo on the internet. Especially being the logo itself, and high quality.... It's unfortunate because that logo is more classy and has slightly more character (in my opinion) than the Mid/Late 70s+ "Mountains" Logo. Been wanting to come across it for a while. Hopefully I get lucky one of these days.

Doesn't seem like McCulloch came out with much apparel (other than ballcaps - (Eager Beaver, etc) - than other companies at the time unfortunately..

never thought it be that hard to find.

best i could do in a 15-20 min search...
images

It's easy to find one like that but once it is cropped and pasted on a picture, it probably won't look very good, Especially with the minor blemishes and when it is blown up on a picture.

A static cMC logo with a large size/resolution and white/black or similar (to picture posted) background would be best but as of right now but, nothing with the resolution or color exists on google.

What I used for the shirt was downsized, not upsized. The image quality goes up as the size is minimized.

That image, (if it was) cropped, enhanced and enlarged on a shirt would probably look grainy/pixelated, etc.

I've seen those floating around. I'll have to try some experimenting with them when I get a chance this weekend.

I'm a happy camper over here though. Got the oiler on the SP81E to work. Just took some patience and a lot of PB B'laster haha.

I sprayed PB blaster in the hole instead of WD40, then grabbed the pickup line and filled it (holding it up) with PB Blaster a few times while slowly but deliberately pushing the manual oiler button. It took some time but eventually it started shooting out. It was being slightly stubborn though, so I took it out to the garage, filled the tank with Diesel, started it and started jamming the manual oiler. Once it was flowing freely, I substitute the Diesel for Oil and now everything seems to be working properly in the oiler deparment. :rock2: Guessing it was just a blockage somewhere.

However, after spraying the PB Blaster and getting it all over the clutch side of the saw, it wanted to race at idle, but not terribly bad. I'm sure it's a bad PTO crank seal. I have an unused SKF 6119 seal laying around that I can probably throw in it this weekend. Then she'll be ready for a CUT.

Anyone have any info/pictures on adapting a husqvarna mount bar to a large frame Mac?
I just ordered a 42" bar to adapt to my 1-86 and I dont want to screw it up.
Thanks.

Anyone have any info/pictures on adapting a husqvarna mount bar to a large frame Mac?
I just ordered a 42" bar to adapt to my 1-86 and I dont want to screw it up.
Thanks.

If it's the same mount as a 125 all you need to do is file the D009 tension adjust holes in the bar upwards until they open into the bar slot. Similar to a D096 Homelite mount or a D176.

As long as the bar covers the well at the oil discharge you will be good to go.

I have never looked at the oil discharge on a MAC gear drive. Looking forward to seeing the 1-86 in NY. I'll bet that saw won't blow over in the wind.

DSCF4066.JPG

If all goes well it will be there. I have to remake the fuel tank gasket and sort some carb leaks plus tuning but it is coming along.
Thanks for the info on the bar. I think that is exactly what I need to do.

I'm not saying that all their saws were a nightmare to work on.To name a couple off the top of my head a 150 the way you have to try to slide the engine into the housing while the carb hangs there & you hope it stays in place while you try to bolt the carb to the engine.I'd think you have to have steady hands for that,can't be out on a bender the night before.Lol Another one is the SEZ,a fun little saw to run,but you sure as hell don't want to try to remove that engine from it's case.I gave up on both those models.I'd rather work on a mini Mac.People cuss those little saws,but I don't think they're so bad.There's a guy on FB that I just want to slap because he says the mini Macs are only good for target practice & they were made to be a disposable saw.
Ed

Pretty sure I know who you're talking about,he's only been around Mac's (or any other chainsaws for that matter) 3 yrs,thinks he's the Mac guru now,constantly craves attention.Seen him many times in past year try to 'correct'' some other long time saw builders/enthusiasts/collectors. Even one guy who's been building hot saws & doing custom work FORTY YEARS!! Much longer than he's been alive even.

Just incredible,this guy has an ego (how & why I have no clue) that knows no bounds,mainly he cuts cookies off his truck tailgate but talks like he's this master saw technician/timber faller/arborist. And barely 3 years ago he had no idea what a Super Pro 125 was,never heard of it. Just super annoying with his arrogance,cant take any constructive criticism without blowing up & throwing a tantrum. <<<</ rant over>>>

Sorry for the absence of McPictures but a friend called and asked for help removing a fallen tree blocking the driveway. We only had a short window between rain clouds so we made quick work of it and spent no time taking any pictures.

Equipment used: SP80, Super 2-10, redmax 8500, Kubota 5200. All equipment operated perfect.

de17761a51f73f78ecf2067228db8918.jpg

441c1e3efa706afb39b84baea742d924.jpg

9d450b99c2a488d9190a08853638b0b2.jpg

We left the trunk for now because it’s too wet to drive the tractor in their yard. But at least they can go up and down the driveway.

f3a560f8cdc108fd0400d5220c75da2f.jpg

Back