McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was out playing with the Macs today.Two 10-10's & a 7-10.They ran good,but when you go from cutting ash to cutting oak,the oak will tell ya pretty quick that your chain is dull.I gave them a good edge in between rains.My neighbor wants us to take down a maple at his place tomorrow.Lately I've hardly got any time to work on my saws.
Ed

Haha hope it all goes well is it much different to your other cp125? Looks like it didn't see much work or he was kind to it atleast
It is different in several ways. My other one has several parts off of an sp125. Including: fuel tank with throttle lock, dual reed valve, oil tank, and bottom anti vibe set up, its basically a cp125 engine in a sp chassis. This one is pure cp125. No throttle lock, single reed, different paint, much cleaner looking.

It is different in several ways. My other one has several parts off of an sp125. Including: fuel tank with throttle lock, dual reed valve, oil tank, and bottom anti vibe set up, its basically a cp125 engine in a sp chassis. This one is pure cp125. No throttle lock, single reed, different paint, much cleaner looking.

Aww right cool so now you have a firewood runner and a nice original nice 1 for GTG'S and to park on the shelf

NorthEast Tennessee Saturday MAC Report

We started off the day by spending an hour and a half with the deuce draining the tank and changing the fuel filter. All that bouncing last week stirred up a bunch of crud and water in the fuel system. After that I ran a bit of yellow, a CAT not a MAC. Brian ran a 1010 until he got it in a bad pinch. The CAT came to its rescue, but the MAC's bar is bent so that ended its day. Nonetheless, we were able to get two loads out and a third ready to go before quitting for the day.

I am trying to wrap up my firewood season as the grass is growing. Hope to soon. Maybe Brian and I can get some work done on our saws and report on that for awhile.

Ron

Loaded and ready to go.
IMG_4260.JPG

Yes, it will likely end up sitting alot but so what.
Aww right cool so now you have a firewood runner and a nice original nice 1 for GTG'S and to park on the shelf
I suppose so. Ive never been to a gtg. Maybe someday. But ill use it. Why not, it was made to use. Ill keep good care of it but i will run it. Ive used allof em a time or two. Thats why they were made. Preserve history? Absolutely!....but i still like to use things for there intended purpose. Ill take care of it but also run it when i think it feels neglected, lol.

I did run the 044 Stihl and my good PM850 today. May be it was an unfair comparison but I will be looking to sell the 044...

I did not take any action shots but this is all that's left of a big maple my neighbor and his dad took down a few blocks from my home. I had to help out and already brought home a trailer and pickup load. They took down several others including a large ash tree so I will be busy all day Monday as well.

20190413_175753.jpg

Mark

Good job everyone.
Vinny I'm glad you're going to use it that's what it's for exactly and it's what it deserves.

I went cutting today too and cut down my biggest tree and it went perfectly a big macrocarpa probably 6 or 7 cords worth.

20190414_093452.jpg
20190414_093441.jpg the big old thing had a good lean on so I plunged it and snipped the back I don't want no barberchair

That's a 24 inch bar and I'm struggling with it big time what can these pull? 32? I really need a bigger saw but it ain't in the budget for a while. This 800 really goes well I love it she never misses a beat. I also ran the two 7-10s a couple or three tanks each and a 10-10 just cos it was sad lol. Yea
20190414_133732.jpg there's another 3 this big just F$%ing huge for me 40 inch mite do it from both sides. Yes that is a fresh cut in my chaps:( had a whoopsy daisy today.

... .
That's a 24 inch bar and I'm struggling with it big time what can these pull? 32? I really need a bigger saw but it ain't in the budget for a while. This 800 really goes well I love it she never misses a beat. I also ran the two 7-10s a couple or three tanks each and a 10-10 just cos it was sad lol. Yea
View attachment 730131 there's another 3 this big just F$%ing huge for me 40 inch mite do it from both sides. Yes that is a fresh cut in my chaps:( had a whoopsy daisy today.

Depends on the wood, it will pull a 36”. 33” is the longest I run with any regularity. I also like the 33” on my 125 the best - not due to lack of power just easier for me to handle.

Chaps are a good thing. I used to wear them almost without exception but have gotten out of the habit in the last few years due to heat and difficulty in working in the brush. I need to get back in the habit.

Ron

Good job everyone.
Vinny I'm glad you're going to use it that's what it's for exactly and it's what it deserves.

I went cutting today too and cut down my biggest tree and it went perfectly a big macrocarpa probably 6 or 7 cords worth.

View attachment 730127
View attachment 730133 the big old thing had a good lean on so I plunged it and snipped the back I don't want no barberchair

View attachment 730131 there's another 3 this big just F$%ing huge for me 40 inch mite do it from both sides. Yes that is a fresh cut in my chaps:( had a whoopsy daisy today.

Good stuff Jethro. Looks like there's a few limbs on those.

Latest posts

Back