McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get all three vids going at once. A Jethro GTG! LOL Pretty impressive effect.

And man is that some gnarly wood! Damn.

That does sound pritty cool. The 7-10 is a mean saw to run I did most of the limbing with it and still don't get tired of the sound of it. I've cut sheesh probably 20 or 30 cords of wood (maybe more it's on 4 different property's) out of this 1 stand of trees and more or less the whole lot has been cut with these old Macs a bit here n there with a poulan 4000 but mostly Macs. I have had a carb take a dump the odd screw come loose a couple broken starter cords and hmm that's it really these 40 plus year old saws just never miss a beat just go n go n go. I have had heaps of older guys laugh at me too for some reason here Mac got a bad name to some. Why don't ya get a stihl they say pffft NEVER!! hahaha

Never call ya Mac a peace of sh!t if it won't start that's why some don't like them.. give it rub and gentle words of encouragement c'mon old girl you'll be ok and away it will go. I've learnt ya need to have a way with these beasts and they look after ya.

Need to get a China company making cylinders and bits for these things cos I'll happily never run any other saw for the next 40 years if parts stay around and I bet there's a heap of people in the same boat.

Edit.. told a lie I want a 288 husky and a big poulan that is all please saw God's

So I got the saw up and running...Thanks Mark for your info! I primed it 2 times and it fired right off.....ran great for a few seconds then shut off.......Primed again......runs for a few seconds then shuts off......will continue to run if i keep hitting primer rod......I just read theres a fuel pump inside the tank......Does this sound like the logical issue? Not used to the Mcculoch carb setup.....
Thanks
Rich

There is a fuel pump inside the fuel tank, you have to remove the cover from the bottom of the saw to access it.

DSCN5318.1.jpg

DSCN5320.JPG

If it very likely the fuel wick/filter is full of varnish and needs to be thoroughly cleaned. The you will find the wick when you remove the cover from the bottom of the fuel tank.

DSCN5327.1.jpg

Mark

I have a Pro Mac 805 IPL that I have scanned. Its too large (14 megs) to upload. Do you know how I would go about that? Im sure there is a way to rsize it, but its beyond me at this stage.

Well tonight I got the sp81 I purchased through a wanted ad here on this site up and running. Sounds good, starts easy, oils, etc. Pulled 150 psi of compression on a gauge that is always a little low. Can't wait to try it in some wood. View attachment 754369 View attachment 754370 View attachment 754371
The sp81 is my favorite saw. That one looks great. Very nice. Buckin billy ray has a recent video of chainsaws racing that shows off his sp81 and a pm850 and a husky. The 81 seems to surprise him against the 850. Its a cool video and a great saw. Congrats.

The sp81 is my favorite saw. That one looks great. Very nice. Buckin billy ray has a recent video of chainsaws racing that shows off his sp81 and a pm850 and a husky. The 81 seems to surprise him against the 850. Its a cool video and a great saw. Congrats.

I know the video it's a very trick 372 and the sp81 hangs with it no problem. And yes the 81 out cuts the 850 if I remember right. Lovely sound too

Sean your a keen man calling her the cook lol

Yes I've watched that one a few times. I hope my 81 runs as good as that one, it seems to be spot on. Love the Oregon lightweight it's wearing too.

Back