McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Sean what happened to that super 850?

I still havent done anything with it. Been flat out during the week and am still finishing rebuilding (with Hyway top end) a Stihl 08S (govenor model), then the hydraulic pump on the ford 3000 tractor started leaking.... plus Ive still got a Homelite XL12 in bits and a Husky 1100. Trying to resist the temptation of starting new projects before finishing the last.... and failing. BTW, You mentioned previously that you tried to buy a Mac15 on TM but they took it down. I have one if you want it. Needs a muffler repair, points clean and cosmetic fix up.

I still havent done anything with it. Been flat out during the week and am still finishing rebuilding (with Hyway top end) a Stihl 08S (govenor model), then the hydraulic pump on the ford 3000 tractor started leaking.... plus Ive still got a Homelite XL12 in bits and a Husky 1100. Trying to resist the temptation of starting new projects before finishing the last.... and failing. BTW, You mentioned previously that you tried to buy a Mac15 on TM but they took it down. I have one if you want it. Needs a muffler repair, points clean and cosmetic fix up.

Yeah you sound well busy then.

Yeah I wasn't trying to buy the 15 just saw it in there and thought hey no chain brake they will pull it down and yup sure enough they did. If you managed to get a 15 to kick back and require a brake I'd be impressed lol.

Fossil poge and Brian it was a man a couple pages ago asking about a 35 Manuel but I think Mark sorted him

Yeah you sound well busy then.

Yeah I wasn't trying to buy the 15 just saw it in there and thought hey no chain brake they will pull it down and yup sure enough they did. If you managed to get a 15 to kick back and require a brake I'd be impressed lol.

Fossil poge and Brian it was a man a couple pages ago asking about a 35 Manuel but I think Mark sorted him
True that. I just got the link, re the mac15 manual.... trying to resist the urge to pull it apart and restore.... must finish other projects first.... the force is strong in the old Macs!

Resistance is Futile!

True that. I just got the link, re the mac15 manual.... trying to resist the urge to pull it apart and restore.... must finish other projects first.... the force is strong in the old Macs!

Resistance is Futile!

Get that bloody 800 going first but yes resistance is futile indeed

I have a Pro Mac 805 IPL that I have scanned. Its too large (14 megs) to upload. Do you know how I would go about that? Im sure there is a way to rsize it, but its beyond me at this stage.
Check your conversations. There is an online compressor that is pretty easy to use. Or just email it to me.
https://smallpdf.com/compress-pdf

I'm looking for an 18" bar and chain for my mcculloch ProMac 10-10. I'm thinking Oregon, but if someone else has any ideas, I would appreciate it.
Its a 12-600014U and has a 16" bar on it now.

Has anyone had any success repairing the magnesium case on these? Anything that is fuel resistant?
I use jb weld slow cure, and use painters tape to build the outer frame of the repair.
I've used it on old carburetors also but 10 psi is probably the safe limit.
As long as the material that its attached to does not flex its just as strong and fuel proof.
Fyi be patient. If your really into it ,build a vacuum case to let it cure in.

Latest posts

Back