McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the bar mount pattern on a 10-10? One place says d176 another says d276. Which one is it.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

I rebuilt my first flatback today that came out of a 1-46.It was fairly simple & straightforward.I have no idea how the saw actually ran.This was a first though,the pump diapragm was stapled to the gasket.LolIn the pic,look in the upper right & left corners & you'll see the staples.
Ed

thumbnail.jpg

I rebuilt my first flatback today that came out of a 1-46.It was fairly simple & straightforward.I have no idea how the saw actually ran.This was a first though,the pump diapragm was stapled to the gasket.LolIn the pic,look in the upper right & left corners & you'll see the staples.
Ed

View attachment 760697
They all come stapled like that.

20190921_124913.jpg picked up a 10-10 today am told it runs 60 bucks still has bar sleeve still has a mac 10 bar and Windsor chain :):) this is my 3rd from this man. A pm10-10 a 7-10 20 and 50 peso's a few months earlier. He has heaps of 610s and minis but ahhhhhh trying to stay to 10s or older20190921_124500.jpg
The literature that came with it is from 1967 unless this has been converted from right to left I don't think its original ipl and pocket book. It may well have been swapped over though I haven't pulled it apart yet. Plenty compression in the old girl too

Tat's a nice looking saw Jethro,& a good price too! It looks much newer than 1967.The earlier 10-10's usually came with the AF cover in black with white lettering & they had the domed filter too.My guess is that you have a ProMac 10-10.The early 10-10's were also RH start.
Ed

Ok well yes I'm led to believe it's had a left hand conversion the clutch has holes in it the nut is left hand thread an the pawls have hex head cap screws in the flywheel. Also the cowl is for a pancake muffler and has the gap for the lead to go outside but the lead is shorter and on the inside. The pancake muffler has been modified and made to hush it a little. The filter is domed and I have seen pictures of the yellow too back then also the 1967 book has a picture of a yellow top. 20190921_145426.jpg 20190921_145911.jpg 20190921_145759.jpg 20190921_145856.jpg it's also very clean and has had the tank sealed up and also has sealant on the oil tank also so has had love recently. Also has spark yay but can't fire it I have no gas around.

So no doesn't seem to be a PM 10-10 that's for sure

Ok well yes I'm led to believe it's had a left hand conversion the clutch has holes in it the nut is left hand thread an the pawls have hex head cap screws in the flywheel. Also the cowl is for a pancake muffler and has the gap for the lead to go outside but the lead is shorter and on the inside. The pancake muffler has been modified and made to hush it a little. The filter is domed and I have seen pictures of the yellow too back then also the 1967 book has a picture of a yellow top. View attachment 760902 View attachment 760903 View attachment 760904 View attachment 760905 it's also very clean and has had the tank sealed up and also has sealant on the oil tank also so has had love recently. Also has spark yay but can't fire it I have no gas around.

So no doesn't seem to be a PM 10-10 that's for sure
You're right Jethro,it's not a PM10-10.That yellow AF cover & LH start threw me.I was going to ask if it had an ID tag in it,not that it helps identify the yr.of production.Why not take some fuel out of your other saws just to get it to pop?
Ed

You're right Jethro,it's not a PM10-10.That yellow AF cover & LH start threw me.I was going to ask if it had an ID tag in it,not that it helps identify the yr.of production.Why not take some fuel out of your other saws just to get it to pop?
Ed

Haha there all empty too I flogged it all for the mower lol also is a 2 stroke not that a smokey old Briggs would care

Back