McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How big are the bar slots on that bar?

Good eye! Chopper 1 maybe?
Yeah Chopper 1. I didn't look THAT close, just saw a familiar form with that ax.

https://chopper1axe.com/chopper1-axe

View attachment 766695 View attachment 766696my dad bought his yrs ago at a co-op. The next one i bought off a neighbor 20yrs ago. The one on the right i bought at the flea market for $5.00! I think im good for awhile. Haha

Those are awesome & $5 for 1? That the one without the cleats?
Clean & working they kick ass. Just as an ax they work well with their shapes & weight. Nice haul.

Those are awesome & $5 for 1? That the one without the cleats?
Clean & working they kick ass. Just as an ax they work well with their shapes & weight. Nice haul.
Actually no. Thats the one in the saw photo, its my dads. Lost the hardware yrs ago. Replaced the handle also. The 5 dollar one is on the right. It still has the original handle. Faintly you can see the black "chopper 1" on it and it still has some white paint on the lettering. I use dads though. Its the only axe ive ever split with to be honest. I was probably 5 when he got it. Ill be 44 soon. It works so why change? Lol

How big are the bar slots on that bar?

8mm....

Getting charged import charges on international orders now which just adds insult to injury with the low value Aussie dollar....

Anyone got an Archer bar on a McCulloch that can post a picture...I really wanted the black bar with yellow McCulloch writing (even bought the stencil that failed - too sticky and marked up the paint underneath when removing) but I can only get 16" with .325 pitch so going to cost $150+ to change over...might have to settle for a more readily available option...I'm being pedantic but it's going to be on my wall for a long time so want it to not annoy me.

Tore my uncle's PM700 down yesterday... I'm sure most of you already know this, but it was my first 10 series teardown. You have to completely tear the saw apart just to get the jug off!

Piston's scored on the exhaust side. Some aluminum transferred over to the cylinder but overall does not look too bad. If I can get the flake of aluminum off the cylinder and hone it up a bit, I think it would be usable. Not going to cut wood with it, just getting it running.

Nice videos man. Thanks for taking the time to do that. I use a D009 just cos I had it there
I don't mind , honestly everyone can use whatever bar they have but when I was poking around all the suggestions were for the D009 and really the k095 is closer with the 8.2mm no spacer required. So enjoy.

Thanks for posting that maintenance supervisor...I will have a lot more options now locally which is making my wallet a little happier.

I'm just starting to look it up - is KO95 another Husky mount or something different as looking up bar mounts on ebay is less fruitful than particular saw models

Oregon's recommend bar.
d439cdc2669bee158aa4516754636201.jpg

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

NorthEast Tennessee MAC Report

Finally a little cutting. We abandoned Ash hill for now. LO is supposed to hire a dozer to pull remaining logs. Brian and I spent the morning cutting, loading and hauling red oak and a locust. This time Brian put in the seat time running loads to the lot while I got to spend some quality time with the 800 - about 4 tanks anyway. After lunch, Brian couldn't restraint himself any longer. He drug out his SP125C for a little action on a large down poplar. Too bad the lot doesn't want any poplar but it helped him work off a little lunch.

800 where it does best - nose down in hardwood.
IMG_4694.JPG IMG_4695.JPG

First load out - just two pieces but wall to wall, side to side and front to back.
IMG_4709.JPG

Brian with his 125.
IMG_4712.JPG

Tried to catch the view but the 800 kept sucking in all the sun's rays.
IMG_4703.JPG

Ron

This valuable report is provided through the the generous support of MacNuts like you and Blind Squirrel Falling, one of America's greatest imaginary businesses.

Today i got another row done in the stack. Each row is 18" x 5ft high and 20ft long. Cut split and stacked. Im down to 2 more days. Ill be done for the winter at my house. I got out the pm700 today. It has a 22" partner roller nose bar and .375 chain. I put 3 tanks thru it. Ran great for me. I have to say it is a bit less than a 7-10. I know its been mentiined but today was certain. A 7-10 will out perform a 700. Like them both though. I also ran 3 tanks thru the 850. I find myself grabbing more and more. Its smooth fast and strong. Also lighter than other 82cc saws i have. I like that one! I am cutting all red oak the last 3 days and tomorrow. Till then...

That tractor is doing well. Looks like those logs will be rather heavy

It was. And they were. Had a 10’ long 2’ diameter log clamped in the grapple to keep the front wheels on the ground.

Like all processes, fixing the weak link creates new opportunities but also exposes the next weak link. Large trees brought bigger saw. Bigger saw brought even bigger wood. Bigger wood overwhelmed tractor. Bigger tractor brought bigger logs. Bigger logs are exposing weaknesses in trailer. Trailer mods are next project. Seems I never will get time to get back in the chainsaw lab to complete a couple special saws.

Ron

Back