McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is for Vinny who asked about seperating a tank a couple of pages back.Rather than try to get another good half for your tank,why not try using Red Kote on it?Unless it's got gaping holes in it I think Red Koting it would be the way to go.
Ed

This is for Vinny who asked about seperating a tank a couple of pages back.Rather than try to get another good half for your tank,why not try using Red Kote on it?Unless it's got gaping holes in it I think Red Koting it would be the way to go.
Ed
Thankyou, i have looked at that option. I think itll work. There are 9 holes i counted in the bottom of that tank. Red kote is not sold locally to me but it can be ordered. I can order it to my door. So its 25.00 for the cheapest i found. I found a pm800 tank assembly on ebay the other day, go figure,. Guy was asking 85.00 for it. Had all the buttons linkages, handle grip insert, snubber, impulse line, stop switch wire. Kit and kaboodle really. Or best offer, he took 50.00 for it!! Ill swap tanks with all the parts for 25.00 dollars. But thankyou for the suggestion. If i had not found that tank i was going the red kote route.

Yeah I put a picture up on here of that new he was dreaming a bit but aww well was thinking probably 300 400 tops mind you have seen a couple 700s go for 350ish.

Well that's interesting to know the big girls are down here I think it's a pipe dream and I try not to worry about them lol good to watch the topsiders play with them on video though. An sp80/81 is my dream Mac and I know there around[/QUOTE

Ill keep an eye out for a SP80/81.

No, i go back on dayturns saturday. Just off a couple. So i got the tank. A few bubbles in the paint but no leaks. Had it on in about half an hour or so. This is on a pm850. My 2nd one. Im impressed. It has lots of compression and runs great. Has the zama c2 carb and it didnt need rebuilt!!! I think itll cut strong. Ill be anxious to try it out in a couple of weeks.
Another project landed in my garage. A friend asked me to check out his latest saw and work on it. I said sure thing especially since its a mcculloch 82cc saw. He said it has no compression..been sitting for many years. He was given this saw, by the way. Has zero dollars in it except shipping it to me. The tank has thick varnish in it. Itll clean up though. Piston is shot. Cylinder had transfer on it. Got a "B" cylinder so bob johnson sent a piston and a few other goodies to fix it up. Its a pm805!! Ive never seen one. Its in pretty good shape other than the piston and varnish. It also has a c2 carb on it. Ill post a picture when its done. Right now its in every piece possible.

I cleaned and cleaned that 805 for 2.5 straight hrs. When its together its gonna look really nice. Straight and complete. Its got the half wrap handle with it too. I may try to swap him for a full wrap. Ive got the half wrap on one sp81 and the 8200. I actually like it. We will see. He may not want to. The guy is quite particular about his saws. Im honored he asked me to work on it. He has some very rare saws, not just mccullochs.

Latest posts

Back