McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are probably surprised when you hand them a regular 10-10 A , and tell them that its only a 54cc saw!
I've been throwing some cheap 8 pin rim sprockets on my saws lately just too see how much it boggs the saw , mostly the 57ccs and the pro 60 ,HA ! They don't even notice, honestly I didn't get perceivable bog until I put a 24" full comp bar and chain on the pro 60 with the 8 pin rim , but still cuts beautifully only thing is I can't do a hand stand on the saw in the cut ?The pro 10-10 with the 16" bar and an 8 pin is like a damn light saber!

Interesting stuff that. What kind of wood are ya cutting?

They are probably surprised when you hand them a regular 10-10 A , and tell them that its only a 54cc saw!
I've been throwing some cheap 8 pin rim sprockets on my saws lately just too see how much it boggs the saw , mostly the 57ccs and the pro 60 ,HA ! They don't even notice, honestly I didn't get perceivable bog until I put a 24" full comp bar and chain on the pro 60 with the 8 pin rim , but still cuts beautifully only thing is I can't do a hand stand on the saw in the cut ?The pro 10-10 with the 16" bar and an 8 pin is like a damn light saber!
Be mindful of how much "Force" you use!
Sorry, i could not help myself. Star wars nerd and chainsaw geek here.

Ok guys, ive tried two different bars and chains on my pm 10-10s and she still wont cut. Chain just bogs in the cut and stops. Both are 20". Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Ok guys, ive tried two different bars and chains on my pm 10-10s and she still wont cut. Chain just bogs in the cut and stops. Both are 20". Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Here pics of the clutch.20191109_130505.jpg20191109_130514.jpg20191109_130532.jpg

There would appear to be different flywheels for different ignitions according to the limited references below. Mac's mystery part number changes certainly presents a challenge in trying to match up what should go with what across multiple IPL's. At least there are some clues relating to prefix numbers in this particular IPL.

Untitled.jpg

You only had 1351 pages to go! Not sure how extensively the timing issue is discussed, (if at all), though.

10 Series Flywheel Discussion

Thanks Poge that was interesting so I had it screwed up and they do swap around well that's good. So it means my 10-10 probably just needs points set properly and Aaron's I have no idea.

It was the 60 pages of 10-10 thread I had gone through and nothing in there. I have read the Mac thread to about page 600 or so really need to keep going

There would appear to be different flywheels for different ignitions according to the limited references below. Mac's mystery part number changes certainly presents a challenge in trying to match up what should go with what across multiple IPL's. At least there are some clues relating to prefix numbers in this particular IPL.

View attachment 771638

Haha now you throw this at me

What is the rest of the saw doing when the chain bogs and stops? As in is the clutch still engaged and the crank turning but the shoes are slipping? Is the clutch also bogging and the rpm's also drop?
Crank is still turning rpms holding steady

So the clutch is still turning but the shoes are slipping or not engaging? Doesn't look like any wear marks at all on the inside of that drum.
Thats why im confused. Ill try the other clutch and see what happens.

You could start it without the sprocket cover and see what's happening with the current clutch and drum first. Seems like the clutch itself may be slipping on the crank since there isn't much indication on the drum of any shoe engagement. I'd say you're missing a woodruff key but I don't think there is a keyed shaft arrangement on that saw.

NorthEast Tennessee MAC Report

Can't say we didn't know this day was coming. Sooner or later you have to quit cutting and start hauling what you cut. I had hoped that Brian could cut while I loaded but the LO didn't have time today to show us where our next tree was. So just loading for me and a little PM6A trimming for Brian. I believe he also did get to make a finish cut or two with his 800. All I did with my MAC was put it in and out of the truck and reinstall my thrown chain from last week. Sorry there are no pictures of any MAC action, unless Brian took a selfie or one of the haulers using his PM6A.

Ron

This valuable report is provided through the the generous support of MacNuts like you and Blind Squirrel Falling, one of America's greatest imaginary businesses.

Back