McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha everyone's off cuts...

It's not the end of the world I just have to order chain in time or ring around further up the country.
Ok , thought maybe it wasn't available at all , still sounds like a PIA , ofcourse no one carries .404 around me but it comes in 4 days from out west when I order it.

Ok , thought maybe it wasn't available at all , still sounds like a PIA , ofcourse no one carries .404 around me but it comes in 4 days from out west when I order it.

Yeah its around but yup pain in the bum if needed straight away. Skip tooth is pretty much not at all and 90 percent of them have no idea about it.

Not sure about 404 here probably same deal

Thanks Poge that was interesting so I had it screwed up and they do swap around well that's good. So it means my 10-10 probably just needs points set properly and Aaron's I have no idea.

It was the 60 pages of 10-10 thread I had gone through and nothing in there. I have read the Mac thread to about page 600 or so really need to keep going

Just got the "new" flywheel and coil in the mail. Gonna try to install the flywheel first tomorrow, give it a go and see what happens. If nothing, then I'll swap out the ignition.

Have a Pro Mac 10-10s. It will start and run, but once shut off, will not restart when hot. Even starting fluid will not work. Once it cools, it will start and cut again. Coil? Any ideas what to do? Are parts even available?
22d34078ffa00cac77338ed7e86a2a27.jpg

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Have a Pro Mac 10-10s. It will start and run, but once shut off, will not restart when hot. Even starting fluid will not work. Once it cools, it will start and cut again. Coil? Any ideas what to do? Are parts even available?

Parts certainly are available. That is a stunning example. Umm when in the non running condition have you checked spark? Also tried another spark plug?

Just so your aware starting fuild washes the oil off the cylinder wall and can cause the piston to scrape the chrome off the cylinder, basically ruining the motor, its like running an old car too rich all the time fuel will wash the oil out of the honing hatch.
So be careful, some one might make a 4 stroke safe starting fuild now but I've never seen it .

Picked up this 1010A a while ago and got it cleaned last weekend. Its in very good shape over all and has good compression. While I am waiting on a carb kit to arrive for the SDC (not what it should have according to Acres' site) I thought I might want to do the seals.

Does any one have the modern cross references for these? Are they the same as a SP-81?

20191106_183731.jpg

IMG-20191108-WA0004.jpeg

IMG-20191108-WA0006.jpeg

I can't help with the seals but poge or someone will. 1 side is the same as my poulan I can remember the bearing bh108 just not the seal. That's probably a later tank handle put on there so not sure if the tag is still right.

Dam tidy saw though I have 1 the same but no brake and the top is yellow. Hows the air filter?

I could dig into my newly acquired IPLs later if you're still stuck

I can't help with the seals but poge or someone will. 1 side is the same as my poulan I can remember the bearing bh108 just not the seal. That's probably a later tank handle put on there so not sure if the tag is still right.

Dam tidy saw though I have 1 the same but no brake and the top is yellow. Hows the air filter?

I could dig into my newly acquired IPLs later if you're still stuck

Thanks, the air filter is in very good shape. When I got it, it was hard to turn over, turns out it had been sitting for a long time and there was some sticky oil film in the bore. I rinsed it out with mix and its got lots of compression now. Its my first 10-10, we don't see them for sale much around here.

My PM700 behaved that way. I believe the carb rebuild by Brian cured it but I haven't run it enough to promise that. Ron

FW side seal is the odd ball one MAC PN 67906 and I don't have a cross reference for that seal. You can very likely get it matched up once you have the dimensions.

I have .562 X 1.5 X .25 on a list but I can't verify that the dimensions are correct.

The SP81 calls for the other seals MAC PN 65746 or 61618. The SP81 PTO seals is the same as your 10-10A

PTO side is a Timken/National 253747 or an SKF CR6120.

IPL for that model attached.

The IPL does show an SDC carb

Attachments

• McCulloch-Gas-Chain-Saws-Parts-Manuals-15-600002H-MAC-10-10A-12-70-to-05-72-IPL-92374.pdf
    364.3 KB · Views: 3
FW side seal is the odd ball one MAC PN 67906 and I don't have a cross reference for that seal. You can very likely get it matched up once you have the dimensions.

I have .562 X 1.5 X .25 on a list but I can't verify that the dimensions are correct.

The SP81 calls for the other seals MAC PN 65746 and 61618. The SP81 PTO seals is the sae as your 10-10A

PTO side is a Timken 253747 or an SKF CR6120.

IPL for that model attached. The tank looks correct for the year that was built.

The IPL does show an SDC carb

Wow I thought the operator presence was after the flat top was gone. I'll shut my gob lol. So did the flat top 10-10 move straight to the pro mac 10-10 in like 77? I thought there must have been an in between round top.

Were any 7-10s equipped with the presence lever?

I had a 10-10 do the same. Turned out the duck bill in the fuel cap was no good. When you shut the saw off hot, it heat soaks the fuel tank, if the duck bill is good, it will allow pressure to build keeping it from boiling the fuel. If the duck bill is no good, it will boil the fuel and vapor lock the carb.
I replaced the duck bill in the cap and solved the problem.

Both my 7-10's have OP levers and short cover brakes. It looks like that 10-10A came both ways as well. I wonder of the brakes were a dealer installed option at one point.

My SP-80 also has a brake which is not shown in the IPL. I suppose the brake could have come off an SP81 or maybe the saw is an SP81. There is no tag in the air box and I have no idea what the diff is between an 80 and an 81 that's externally visible. The tank does not have the hand guard mounting holes in the tank for an 80 either.

There quite often seems to be a few surprises with the MAC 10 series.

Both my 7-10's have OP levers and short cover brakes. It looks like that 10-10A came both ways as well. I wonder of the brakes were a dealer installed option at one point.

My SP-80 also has a brake which is not shown in the IPL. I suppose the brake could have come off an SP81 or maybe the saw is an SP81. There is no tag in the air box and I have no idea what the diff is between an 80 and an 81 that's externally visible. The tank does not have the hand guard mounting holes in the tank for an 80 either.

There quite often seems to be a few surprises with the MAC 10 series.

Yeah the paint thing from mac always intrigues me. I have some that were painted bolted together I have some that were painted in parts I have some that have a mixture and they all seem to have a different type of paint. Some chip off easy but don't wear thin and some wear thin but don't seem to chip off also many different shades as usual.

None of my three 7-10s have the presence lever only 1 has a tag and it's the type with the screw not the riveted plate. Its pop up compression release n9 brake single decal. The other two are double decal braked saws.

The 80 has the 3 shoe clutch I know that much.

I see two types of short brakes 1 version on the 10-10 in question as of now has no logo and the sight line on it. My two have no sight lines and a logo the 2nd logo that came along with the double decal. The mountains

I'd like to know if ever there was a short brake cover with the older mcc logo or was the type with sight used in that time period instead. Probably the time when they were dealer fitted /optional I guess

Yeah the paint thing from mac always intrigues me. I have some that were painted bolted together I have some that were painted in parts I have some that have a mixture and they all seem to have a different type of paint. Some chip off easy but don't wear thin and some wear thin but don't seem to chip off also many different shades as usual.

None of my three 7-10s have the presence lever only 1 has a tag and it's the type with the screw not the riveted plate. Its pop up compression release n9 brake single decal. The other two are double decal braked saws.

The 80 has the 3 shoe clutch I know that much.

I see two types of short brakes 1 version on the 10-10 in question as of now has no logo and the sight line on it. My two have no sight lines and a logo the 2nd logo that came along with the double decal. The mountains

I'd like to know if ever there was a short brake cover with the older mcc logo or was the type with sight used in that time period instead. Probably the time when they were dealer fitted /optional I guess

I don't think all 80's have three shoe clutches. Mark might tell you that as he has a three shoe clutch model and I think a few two clutch models. I do get confused at times though.

On the up side I guess, I got myself thinking about my 80 and the brake. I popped the spark plug and it has a divided transfer cylinder.

I'm thinking it's an 81 with a winter SP80 AF cover. Either way it is a peppy saw.

What is the older MAC logo? I don't pay any attention to that.

My short brake covers

DSCF2585.JPG DSCF3017.JPG

Ahh huh I didn't realise you could see the transfer that easy.

And ahh huh that there shows three covers there see they both have felling sights. 1 has the mountain logo 1 does not. Mine have the logo but no sight20191112_194044.jpg
Here you can see the two different logos. I want to know if there is a braked cover with the older mcc logo for the older era macs

Latest posts

Back