McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jethro, the 10-10 and 10-10s have very different porting and transfers. The s transfer looks like the 82cc saws. Big differences.

Well that explains it then and the different sound too. I see why the S is well liked now and under this old tank its power to weight is very good.

Been busy today but here are some pictures of the differences. The intake and exhaust ports are pretty similiar. The transfers are very different. The yellow is a pro 10-10 automatic ironView attachment 778599 lined cylinder. The other is a 10-10s with bad chrome. View attachment 778595 View attachment 778593 View attachment 778592

The regular 10-10 ports look longer in the pictures but the pro-s is definitely wider it's like the 2nd and 3rd port were just joined.

I wonder if there is any gain to be had by taking out the bridge in the exhaust and widening the intake a tad. I had to hog out the tank abit to look more like the later intake as it still had the funny little hole from the bullfrog. Don't think it ever had a bullfrog but it's the older casting though and no throttle lock too

I wonder if there is any gain to be had by taking out the bridge in the exhaust and widening the intake a tad. I had to hog out the tank abit to look more like the later intake as it still had the funny little hole from the bullfrog. Don't think it ever had a bullfrog but it's the older casting though and no throttle lock too

I think the bridge is there for the rings? Probably bad to remove it.

Low RPM torque monster, heavy, but cool as hell to run (if you like that sort of thing lol) I have a 1-52 whick is 87cc I think the 1-50 was 80cc but not 100% on that.

Cheers Kevin. Got a member on here curious about the yellow saws he loves his dolmars. I sorta thought it was basically a 250.

He's found a bunch of mini Mac's and a 1-50 for 50 bucks

What's the 1-50 like guys?
80cc front tank mac. should be full wrap, and have a tillotson HL. It either has the lubrimac oiling system or its been retrofitted with the oil tank out in front of the gas tank. I believe it has a removable cylinder head. Mine (seen a lot of use) seems much stronger than my like new 250.

the 1-50 is the second saw I ever ran, pulls a 24" bar of .404 chisel ok in softwood. Not fast at all, but as stated, lots of torque. The choke lock can get worn on them and not fully close the choke butterfly, so that's something to watch for. It likely won't have a ton of compression, but it'll bite if you flood it.

20150502_130037.jpg
(30" .404 skip chain in douglas fir)

80cc front tank mac. should be full wrap, and have a tillotson HL. It either has the lubrimac oiling system or its been retrofitted with the oil tank out in front of the gas tank. I believe it has a removable cylinder head. Mine (seen a lot of use) seems much stronger than my like new 250.

the 1-50 is the second saw I ever ran, pulls a 24" bar of .404 chisel ok in softwood. Not fast at all, but as stated, lots of torque. The choke lock can get worn on them and not fully close the choke butterfly, so that's something to watch for. It likely won't have a ton of compression, but it'll bite if you flood it.

View attachment 778783
(30" .404 skip chain in douglas fir)

Ah thanks man I didn't realise it was a "lubri mac" saw

Cheers for the good run down on the saw

Well ive added another mac to the fleet today. I wascsurfing ebay early last week andca guy from maine listed a sp125 at a great price that i thought about for 30seconds and bought it. Said it had no spark. He was right. It arrived today and after tinkering for a few hrs it runs like a champ. Great engine. Its complete other than a top handlebar brace. It runs great , sounds great, looks like a workhorse. Im very happy with it. Thought id share the short story and a few pictures. 20191209_152411.jpg 20191209_152347.jpg

Attachments

• 20191209_152422.jpg
    20191209_152422.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
Well ive added another mac to the fleet today. I wascsurfing ebay early last week andca guy from maine listed a sp125 at a great price that i thought about for 30seconds and bought it. Said it had no spark. He was right. It arrived today and after tinkering for a few hrs it runs like a champ. Great engine. Its complete other than a top handlebar brace. It runs great , sounds great, looks like a workhorse. Im very happy with it. Thought id share the short story and a few pictures. View attachment 778831 View attachment 778832

Your starting to be the 125 mac guy now Vinny how many now? 3 or 4

Three, a 2 owner(me being #2) cp125, a cp125 with sp125 parts, and now a true sp125. I guess the sp125c is all thats left. I dont really want a 797 or other rigid saw. They look crazy but i dont really want one. I just couldnt pass up a sp125 at the price he was asking. They sell for such high dollars it was like a black friday sale! Lol

Three, a 2 owner(me being #2) cp125, a cp125 with sp125 parts, and now a true sp125. I guess the sp125c is all thats left. I dont really want a 797 or other rigid saw. They look crazy but i dont really want one. I just couldnt pass up a sp125 at the price he was asking. They sell for such high dollars it was like a black friday sale! Lol

Nice man well done. Do the 797s shake very much compared to the little saws?

Latest posts

Back