McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love that little oil can too. Nice touch
That came out of my friends garage. His dad was a large equipment mechanic. He passed 20 or more years ago. His mom took a bad turn in health last year, and he started freaking out about getting the garage clean if they had to sell his moms place. Well, she got better , but he was on a roll. He gave me everything I would take. A big cast iron floor drill press. I had a fit getting it home, I think it weighs 700 pounds, but man is that thing nice. One of my favorite things he gave me was a mint Remington 2 cycle oil can from the 50's. I cleaned out one corner of my pick up bed, put the oil can there, and wrapped it with a pile of shop clothes. He also gave me small anvil. I made room for it on my trailer, then couldn't find it. When I asked where the the anvil went two of the boys said they set it on the pile of rags I made. AAAHHHH, crushed the little can flat as a pancake. Oh well.

That came out of my friends garage. His dad was a large equipment mechanic. He passed 20 or more years ago. His mom took a bad turn in health last year, and he started freaking out about getting the garage clean if they had to sell his moms place. Well, she got better , but he was on a roll. He gave me everything I would take. A big cast iron floor drill press. I had a fit getting it home, I think it weighs 700 pounds, but man is that thing nice. One of my favorite things he gave me was a mint Remington 2 cycle oil can from the 50's. I cleaned out one corner of my pick up bed, put the oil can there, and wrapped it with a pile of shop clothes. He also gave me small anvil. I made room for it on my trailer, then couldn't find it. When I asked where the the anvil went two of the boys said they set it on the pile of rags I made. AAAHHHH, crushed the little can flat as a pancake. Oh well.

Aww the poor can. At least you got an anvil though there bloody good and hard to find well they are here. That drill press will be amazing

I'm thrilled to say that I had a stroke of good luck for a change today.I bought a PM 805 on Ebay today for $100! It's in great shape & it's a runner.The only drawback might be the auto-oiler doesn't work & it only has a 20 in.B&C.I don't know how much these 82cc saws can pull as my biggest running Macs are the PM 700's & a 7-10 I have & they'll pull a 24 in.without a problem.The 250 I have is a strong runner too,but it only has a 20 in.on it & I never really had a chance to take it out cutting.
The seller on Ebay said his son used to be a logger & gave him this saw about 20 yrs.ago & he's only had it out a couple of times.He wanted someone to enjoy an older saw.I can guarandamntee it's going to the right place & I'll be enjoying the hell out it!Here's a link to a pic or 2.
Ed

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Mc...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I'm thrilled to say that I had a stroke of good luck for a change today.I bought a PM 805 on Ebay today for $100! It's in great shape & it's a runner.The only drawback might be the auto-oiler doesn't work & it only has a 20 in.B&C.I don't know how much these 82cc saws can pull as my biggest running Macs are the PM 700's & a 7-10 I have & they'll pull a 24 in.without a problem.The 250 I have is a strong runner too,but it only has a 20 in.on it & I never really had a chance to take it out cutting.
The seller on Ebay said his son used to be a logger & gave him this saw about 20 yrs.ago & he's only had it out a couple of times.He wanted someone to enjoy an older saw.I can guarandamntee it's going to the right place & I'll be enjoying the hell out it!Here's a link to a pic or 2.
Ed

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-McCulloch-PM-805-Chainsaw-20-in-Good-Shape-For-Its-Age-Manual-Oiler/193248680317?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Oh Ed, I think that saw is mislabeled, it looks to be a 605 or Macbrick as they are affectionately referred to.

Yeah,I just found out.No worries,it'll go back to the seller as a misrepresented piece of merchandise.I've never seen an 805 before,so I thought it was an 805.Now everyone can have a good laugh at my stupidity.
Ed

That air filter cover is off either a Super Pro 105,Super Pro 125 or Super Pro 125C. Fits the predecessor of those - the CP125 also.

Don't recall what the left air filter fits,the right one fits a whole bunch of large Mac's from the late 50's to the mid 70's - 1-40,1-50,1-60,1-70,1-80,200,300,400,500,600,700,800 series - over 30 some models etc.Also the 125's from the 70's

Yeah,I just found out.No worries,it'll go back to the seller as a misrepresented piece of merchandise.I've never seen an 805 before,so I thought it was an 805.Now everyone can have a good laugh at my stupidity.
Ed
If we can't laugh at ourselves then life is "short and brutish".

Can anyone tell me what these McParts are off of? I got them in a lot off stuff and have no clue what they're for, except for the 1-?? series air filter that I temporarily forgot I knew about.
View attachment 779156

The air filter on the left looks like one for a Poulan 306 / 245 and others on that series. They are scarce.

I knew he had a lot of old poulans, and suspected it was for one but he said it was a McPart so I thought, "Eh, better to have it and not need it than to leave it and end up needing it." Now I just need to get one of those saws to go with it! Or if one of you needs it I'll send it on its way.

Looks like one of these. Oh, your chain is loose lol.

A few more parts and you will have an SP80 / 81

View attachment 779178

Yeah it's a tired rim and chain so does the whole tight loose tight loose game.

Yeah I've just never seen a black 1 is all. .

That's a fine sp81 Tim have you ever bothered hunting down a nice un molested handle for it?

That old 7-10 has been well used it has NZFP (New Zealand forestry products) ground into every part of it. Yet has really really good compression like feels very mean on the starter with out the button pushed in and I reckon its because its lived its life with the fixed jet carb. Both my fixed jet 7-10s have good p/c's the 44A 7-10 is not so lucky

Which model SDC is on the fixed jet 7-10's. The only two of those fixed jets I have are the PM55 and this new to me PM60. The 60 has an SDC49.

Both my 7-10's have 44's

The 80 or 81 or whatever it is had crappy paint as did a lot of saws of that era. The cover could have been a repaint.

Here's a pic as purchased. I have not tried to track down a full wrap and am not likely to.

IMG_0534.jpg

Latest posts

Back