McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tore into the 7-10 I picked up Thursday. Replaced the fuel line and filter, swapped to a known good carburetor, and still had the same problem no fuel pumping. Checked the tank bolts and they were all loose, the one in the oiler had actually fallen out.
Dug deeper and found the culprit. 313BED28-204F-41B6-883C-42A1C8186EBD.jpeg8A2B31D0-EEC8-4F97-B1DE-686A0B23A3C6.jpeg

I have gaskets on hand so should have it cleaned up and back together today. :)

Tore into the 7-10 I picked up Thursday. Replaced the fuel line and filter, swapped to a known good carburetor, and still had the same problem no fuel pumping. Checked the tank bolts and they were all loose, the one in the oiler had actually fallen out.
Dug deeper and found the culprit. View attachment 792070View attachment 792071

I have gaskets on hand so should have it cleaned up and back together today. :)

I love how wonderfully simple they are just an engine with an oil tank and a fuel tank on top. Not the easiest to get inside it but that's how the weight is low it's a stressed member

Just taking it easy so thought I'd put another one of my saws on its a Mcculloch 10-10s that I picked up around 3 years ago was told it came from DNR here in Michigan. Saw has spark but won't even try to start can't remember if I checked compression but believe I did. Not sure of year owhat

There's no doubt in my mind that thing is a state workers saw! It's barely used!
Last year I saw a hilarious sticker on the door of an old green dodge, it looked like a DNR logo but the words around the picture read " Department of some guys having fun"

Wife just called to tell me she just left Ashville heading to Raleigh-Durham to visit her aunt and Uncle, with two Yellow saws in her pretty new Lexus. Kim did give me her Dad's Pro Mac 10-10 too. When I get it and figure out just what it is, I'll need a chain brake handle, it's missing, if anyone has an extra. I might have a pic of it on my cell.

I believe the ten series flags are all the same except the color. Send me a PM with your mailing address and I’ll send you a black one ( or at least mostly black).

Ron

Sure enough. In the good news department, Brian just reported that he replaced the coil and the 805 is a runner. Ron
Thats AWESOME, cant wait to see it cutting , gonna have to do a video.
By the way keep your eyes peeled for a burned up one I just got a lead on a new in box piston and cylinder kit for an 805.

There's no doubt in my mind that thing is a state workers saw! It's barely used!
Last year I saw a hilarious sticker on the door of an old green dodge, it looked like a DNR logo but the words around the picture read " Department of some guys having fun"

Hey! I'm a state employee........and I can certainly say there is some truth to this! Lol

I've posted some of these before, but since we're on the subject of state employees, someone took a lot of pride in maintaining this ultra-clean 10-10S before I got it. It saw plenty of action as shown by the handle and bar wear in the third pic but was obviously very well taken care of otherwise. Even came with a new air filter and carb kit. By far my nicest Mac.

0620181438a_resized.jpg

0617181540a_resized.jpg

0617181538_resized.jpg

0617181542_resized.jpg

I've posted some of these before, but since we're on the subject of state employees, someone took a lot of pride in maintaining this ultra-clean 10-10S before I got it. It saw plenty of action as shown by the handle and bar wear in the third pic but was obviously very well taken care of otherwise. Even came with a new air filter and carb kit. By far my nicest Mac.

View attachment 792111

Dam that's a nice saw wow just wow. Hope you use it

I've yet to cut with it but do plan to. Probably not much, tho. Too nice to bang up on firewood when I have other saws for that.

Well that's a point you certainly do have at least a couple other saws around lol.

I'm in love with my S hot rod saw just a weapon. It's the freshest mac I have so I'm trying to use that more to save the others

It'll be my first experience with a 57cc variant. I have both a pretty rough PM55 and a PM555 but both need work to get running well enough for actual firewood use.

Like I always seem to say..., "One o' these days."

You will love it I now understand why they demand a good price.

I hope you get the others going too.

About the "one o' these days" my grandfather has just the thing you need lol
20191201_162506.jpg

Back